cougar gx-f650 or super flower golden green hx 650w

cheesepizza

which one is better? both are 80+ gold

some brand that i also considered buying, seasonic focus gold 650w and be quiet pure power 11 600w

thx

35 minutes ago, Oalei said:

How about RMx? 

corsair rmx is significantly more expensive

1 hour ago, cheesepizza said:

corsair rmx is significantly more expensive

Formula gold/whisper?

Ok AFAIK Pure Power 11 is the best option out of those 3 even though its kinda hard for me to decide between HX Green and PP11 i decided on something newer in the end.

24 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Ok AFAIK Pure Power 11 is the best option out of those 3 even though its kinda hard for me to decide between HX Green and PP11 i decided on something newer in the end.

cougar and seasonic is bad?

Cougar GX-F is kinda loud for it price and Focus Gold have OCP problem anyway. HX Green is like Leadex tbh but with less effeciency iirc, Pure Power 11 is not that loud if the price is decent enough i would get it. I cant really tell anything in details because not enough knowledge, there is still people that have more knowledge than me regarding PSU like @Stefan Payne @Spotty @LukeSavenije @GoldenLag and some more.

3 hours ago, cheesepizza said:

which one is better? both are 80+ gold

some brand that i also considered buying, seasonic focus gold 650w and be quiet pure power 11 600w

thx

I have a Platinum King, wich should be similar to the HX.

And I'd say Cougar GX-F due to better fan, fan controller.

After that the Pure Power 11.

2 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Cougar GX-F is kinda loud for it price and Focus Gold have OCP problem anyway. HX Green is like Leadex tbh but with less effeciency iirc, Pure Power 11 is not that loud if the price is decent enough i would get it. I cant really tell anything in details because not enough knowledge, there is still people that have more knowledge than me regarding PSU like @Stefan Payne @Spotty @LukeSavenije @GoldenLag and some more.

Cougar GX-F is cheap, over here it was around 70€ and one of the cheapest fully modular units.

The fan speed isn't on the on the higher side and around 600rpm, wich is still somewhat OK for a 550W PSU, at higher loads its around 1000rpm. That's not the best but still fine...

Here fan RPM

https://www.computerbase.de/2018-03/antec-be-quiet-cougar-oberklassenetzteile-test/4/

The Golden Green HX ain't no leadex either, its Golden Green, looks somewhat like that:

https://img.tweakpc.de/image/dsc-4185-andere.l8r

Leadex is this:

https://img.tweakpc.de/image/dsc-4357-andere.Flb

While they use similar parts, rearranged, its a different unit (mostly due to the Heatsinks)...

Personally I'd go with the Cougar GX-F as its the best of those, has FDB fan, reasonably low RPM, LLC-Resonant with DC-DC

The Super Flower HX I'd discard for a simple reason: the fan. And the fan speed. My Platinum King had what looked like a normal Sleeve Bearing fan.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

26 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Cougar GX-F is cheap, over here it was around 70€ and one of the cheapest fully modular units.

The fan speed isn't on the on the higher side and around 600rpm, wich is still somewhat OK for a 550W PSU, at higher loads its around 1000rpm. That's not the best but still fine...

well rpm doesnt really determend something loud or not from like sources that i read before saying that its around 27-40dba load from 0-100% load.

26 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

The Golden Green HX ain't no leadex either, its Golden Green, looks somewhat like that:

well Golder Green HX have somewhat great effeciency and AC-AC ripple idk if that even matters tbh. Sound level is kinda the same from 2 sources because that is all i can found 

https://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/super-flower-leadex-gold-650w-review/

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviewdb/PSUs/Super-Flower/

I read the wrong PSU yeah Cougar GX-F is Significantly better, my bad just realized.

Edited by Oalei

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

I have a Platinum King, wich should be similar to the HX.

And I'd say Cougar GX-F due to better fan, fan controller.

After that the Pure Power 11.

Here fan RPM

https://www.computerbase.de/2018-03/antec-be-quiet-cougar-oberklassenetzteile-test/4/

https://img.tweakpc.de/image/dsc-4185-andere.l8r

Leadex is this:

https://img.tweakpc.de/image/dsc-4357-andere.Flb

While they use similar parts, rearranged, its a different unit (mostly due to the Heatsinks)...

Personally I'd go with the Cougar GX-F as its the best of those, has FDB fan, reasonably low RPM, LLC-Resonant with DC-DC 

The Super Flower HX I'd discard for a simple reason: the fan. And the fan speed. My Platinum King had what looked like a normal Sleeve Bearing fan.

i am glad you mention platinum king, here the price is slightly higher than golden green and gx-f but slightly lower than focus gold and pure power 11, so still recommend gx-f or go with platinum king?

9 hours ago, cheesepizza said:

i am glad you mention platinum king, here the price is slightly higher than golden green and gx-f but slightly lower than focus gold and pure power 11, so still recommend gx-f or go with platinum king?

The HX and Platinum King are basically the same unit, only difference is Efficiency...

I don't see a point in it, to be honest, as the GX-F has a "HDB" Bearing fan, the Super Flower a "Duro Bearing", whatever that means.

Also the 120mm fan in that rotates really high at around 900rpm.

That is the deciding factor in this bunch -> the fan.

Electrically they are both fine and good units.

And the GX-F 550 also works with my Ryzen 1700x and VEGA64 without Problems.

48 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

The HX and Platinum King are basically the same unit, only difference is Efficiency...

I don't see a point in it, to be honest, as the GX-F has a "HDB" Bearing fan, the Super Flower a "Duro Bearing", whatever that means.

Also the 120mm fan in that rotates really high at around 900rpm.

That is the deciding factor in this bunch -> the fan.

Electrically they are both fine and good units.

And the GX-F 550 also works with my Ryzen 1700x and VEGA64 without Problems.

i do not plan to buy gx-f 550 but gx-f 650, are they the same thing?

because i heard several brand using different component for different wattage even though it is the same product line

i do not plan to buy gx-f 550 but gx-f 650, are they the same thing?

I'd say mostly.

because i heard several brand using different component for different wattage even though it is the same product line

Yeah but 550-750W use the same PCB, so only the Component on the PCB change.

In some cases someone looked at a 550 and 650W and the only difference was on the Primary (and IIRC PFC). Secondary was the same...