2019 TaoTronics BH-060 Review

Exaco

9JZ4uQZ.jpg

Design & Build:

The BH-060 is quite nicely build also looks good especially for the price ( Could compare these to Sennheiser HD 598SE/SR ).
The only con is weak point at the rotation/folding "hinge", feels like it can easily break if dropped or handled with force.
Earpads - Easily Replaceable
Option to use Wired -  Yes, any 3.5mm jack will fit there.

Connectivity: Wired/Bluetooth.

Comfort:

Comfort is okay ( above average ), i  have average sized ears and had no problems wearing them for longer periods of time. It has nice pleather ( i guess ) memory foam pads with quite good depth ( around 3cm / 1.1in ), in comparison to HD 598 or HE4XX they're very present on the head due to small size of earpads while with HD 598 or HE4XX i barely feel i'm wearing them, but that doesn't make them uncomfy.

Isolation & Leaking: 

I'm here not really an expert since i am a fan of Open Back headphones and didn't used much of closed backs, so see other reviews about that. But i'd say you could easily go to shooting range with these and they will prevent from hearing damage also they almost block Blue Switch mechanical keyboard which is pretty loud. There's also some leaking on very loud volumes.

Okay here's the fun part...

Sound: 
I do not have highly trained ears for every little detail, but that's how it sounds to me, also for some small context my preferences are Neutral and bright sound signature maybe with slight bass boost so i'm not a fan of "Dark" sounding headphones at all.

Lows: Neutral ( Slightly Emphasized )
Mids: Neutral
Treble: Recessed

Bass isn't that overpowering, there's good separation between bass and vocals if that makes sense. They also seem slightly Mid-Forward, music/instruments seems a bit further away than vocals itself.

The sound is quite clear.

Soundstage: For an closed backs it's pretty good, i would say average or just slightly above.
Imaging: Pinpointing enemies in games wasn't difficult so it's pretty good.

Gaming:

Honestly i think that's where these headphones performs the best, in CS:GO they almost outperformed my Hifiman HE-4XX from an advantage/competetive perspective which means i was able to hear footsteps better on similar volume levels, also the imaging/soundstage wasn't that far away from HE4XX, however the overall sound quality/accuracy was obviously worse ( i'd say by like 30% ).

Escape From Tarkov - this game uses alot bigger variety of frequencies and there's alot of different sounds so the TaoTronics sounded overall worse in terms of quality/accuracy ( more muffled in general, probs around 50% worse ), but again the imaging was pretty good, almost on par with HE4XX and steps volume was similar, so i would have no problems getting these frags.

Conclusion:

Considering they have long lasting battery with 2019's Bluetooth tech that also has great range and they doesn't sound completely terrible even compared against HE4XX ( some songs are pretty enjoyable on these while some that's based on more treble can sound pretty muffled atleast to my ears ) i would say many people would enjoy these headphones, especially these who prefer more bass/darker profile.

Overall i think they're worth the price if you're looking specifically for bluetooth headphones, but for home use i would always recommed something wired.

P.S. Too bad i was unable to compare these directly against something of similar price range such as Corsair HS series or HyperX Clouds.
Also they do have a mic suitable for comms.