1500 USD Content creation build.

Puffing

(Yes I realize that my current pc is good for content creation, I also have posted about this before and the only reason I’m “reposting” is because I want to answer as many questions in the beginning as possible... so here I go)

why upgrade?

My current pc is fine with an I7 and 1060, I want a pc for premiere pro and the creative cloud apps but in the future maybe different apps. I also like building computers and I currently have the money and time sooo yeah.

what will this be used for?

like in the title I make YouTube videos, I record Minecraft content but I also stream other games like shooters and more demanding AAA titles, I may even start a 2nd channel for this In the future. I edit 15-30 minute long videos at 1080p and maybe 4K in the future.

cost: 

i have all peripherals i need, this cost is for the tower and if possible a copy of windows 10 pro or home would be nice. Also I will be purchasing in the us with USD currency (1500)

what I want: better play back speed in premiere pro, faster rendering speed, play AAA titles at 1080p. 

I can wait till Ryzen if that is the best but I have seen that the Ryzen is not so hot on premiere.

just buy a ryzen 9 when the 16 core comes out and a navi 5700

16 minutes ago, Puffing said:

I can wait till Ryzen if that is the best but I have seen that the Ryzen is not so hot on premiere.

If you can wait, do. Pudget will update the benchmarks with the new chips either on launch or shortly after. It's possible that the 3800x will beat out the 9900K, and it's probable that the 3900x will beat it. That said, the 9900K is certainly no slouch, either, and if you didn't want to wait the month and a week, I'd say you'll be fine with the 9900K for years to come. Here's the best build right now for Premiere Pro as the priority with gaming as a secondary priority:

2 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

If you can wait, do. Pudget will update the benchmarks with the new chips either on launch or shortly after. It's possible that the 3800x will beat out the 9900K, and it's probable that the 3900x will beat it. That said, the 9900K is certainly no slouch, either, and if you didn't want to wait the month and a week, I'd say you'll be fine with the 9900K for years to come. Here's the best build right now for Premiere Pro as the priority with gaming as a secondary priority:

yeah but i mean if he gets a 9900k he has to turn off hyperthreading so he might as well get the 9700k

9 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Ok sounds like a bit of a plan thanks

2 hours ago, ki8aras said:

yeah but i mean if he gets a 9900k he has to turn off hyperthreading so he might as well get the 9700k

9th gen supposedly is not affected by Zombieload, but even if it is, you don't have to. In most cases the OS update and the microcode will be enough to protect most users. Plus Intel has stated that it does not currently recommend disabling hyperthreading:

Turn off Hyper-Threading?

The easiest fix, the ZombieLoad discoverers said in a document detailing the exploit, is to turn off Hyper-Threading on Intel processors:

“As ZombieLoad leaks loaded values across logical cores, a straightforward mitigation is disabling the use of Hyper-Threading. Hyper-Threading improves performance for certain workloads by 30 percent to 40 percent.”

But Intel said that’s not necessarily the only answer for all PC users. In fact, Intel said that it’s really up to each customer to decide what to do. If software cannot be guaranteed to be trusted then yes, maybe you'll want to disable Hyper-Threading. If your software only comes from the Microsoft Store or your IT department, you could probably leave Hyper-Threading on. For all others, it really depends on how squeamish you are.

“Because these factors will vary considerably by customer, Intel is not recommending that Intel HT be disabled, and it’s important to understand that doing so does not alone provide protection against MDS,” Intel said in a statement.

Apple has issued updates for MacOS Mojave and said security-sensitive individuals can turn off Hyper-Threading if they wanted to. The company doesn’t seem to be deactivating the feature by default.

Microsoft said it has rolled out software patches to help mitigate the problem, but also said customers would need to obtain updated firmware from their PC makers.

With some operating system vendors deciding to leave the choice up to end users, ZombieLoad's threat obviously isn't as serious as it first seemed on Tuesday morning. There are still no known examples of the exploit being used in an actual attack.

The only real silver lining is for those with the latest and greatest Intel CPUs. As the company said, many of its recent 8th-gen and 9th-gen processors already have hardware fixes in place—so there’s no reason to switch off Hyper-Threading on a Core i9-9900K whatsoever. ZombieLoad's danger apparently applies only to PCs with slightly older CPUs. Owners of those systems will have to depend on firmware and software updates to lower the risk, and to count on the absence of any known attacks abusing the ZombieLoad exploit, so far.

Source: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3395439/intel-hyper-threading-zombieload-cpu-exploit.html

1 hour ago, Alexsolo said:

Could you list your current build? So we have a better idea of parts you already have, what we'd need to change? 

It should be in my profile:

bit here is basic specs

32 gb ram @3000mhz 

Msi z170apro

1060 3gb EVGA oc

12 hours ago, Puffing said:

It should be in my profile:

bit here is basic specs

32 gb ram @3000mhz 

Msi z170apro

1060 3gb EVGA oc

so theres no need for new ram

14 hours ago, jerubedo said:

Even more viable, since he's already got 32GB DDR4 3000. $142.98 less spending.

With that in mind OP might grab the RMx or a BitFenix Gold PSU instead of the TXM.

5 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Even more viable, since he's already got 32GB DDR4 3000. $142.98 less spending.

With that in mind OP might grab the RMx or a BitFenix Gold PSU instead of the TXM.

I have a rm850x 

4 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Perfect ?

Would waiting for amd benefit me?

3 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Perfect ?

Also could I be affected by zombieload???

16 minutes ago, Puffing said:

Also could I be affected by zombieload???

With the OS update and the microcode in place you'd be looking at a small performance hit, most likely in the ballpark of 2-5%.

3 hours ago, Puffing said:

As mentioned above, it certainly wouldn't hurt to wait and see. 

9 hours ago, Puffing said:

If you're in a position to wait, you'd be a fool not to at this point