Asian mobiles

Rockzdx

Why isnt no one talking about asian mobiles? They are selling oneplus 7 pro without the 90hz and ufs 3.0 for 360$(Redmi k20 pro). imx 586 + sd 675 for 200$ (redmi note 7 pro).

Also the US's Huawei ban is in place... Probably not gonna interest many american viewers. Although it would be interesting to see some more asian phones from brands like Oppo and Vivo

Vivo has some nice phones, I've a used a few of them. Sony makes a very good phone. My last trip to the US I ended up selling my Z5 dual sim for more than what I paid for it. There was/is a Paten troll in the US that was preventing Sony from enabling the finger print reader on the phone at that time.  So when he saw mine was fully functional he wanted it.

4 minutes ago, Dieork said:

Vivo has some nice phones, I've a used a few of them. Sony makes a very good phone. My last trip to the US I ended up selling my Z5 dual sim for more than what I paid for it. There was/is a Paten troll in the US that was preventing Sony from enabling the finger print reader on the phone at that time.  So when he saw mine was fully functional he wanted it.

What always amused me about this was that all you had to do was flash any other compatible regional firmware from Sony (10-15 minute job) and it reenabled the FP sensor.

4 hours ago, IntMD said:

What always amused me about this was that all you had to do was flash any other compatible regional firmware from Sony (10-15 minute job) and it reenabled the FP sensor.

Most people did not know that, and I think even fewer people could or would run the risk of a possible bricked phone considering the price tag of Z5 back then. I've bricked more a few myself over the years...  Firefox OS oooh you, evil tempters!

5 hours ago, Rockzdx said:

Why isnt no one talking about asian mobiles? They are selling oneplus 7 pro without the 90hz and ufs 3.0 for 360$(Redmi k20 pro). imx 586 + sd 675 for 200$ (redmi note 7 pro).

For the most part, Asian mobile phones are cheap and underwhelming. The only feature that has ever been unique to a China-market phone was the dual-sim, and now even US models are coming with that feature.

Nothing in an Android phone's software makes it any better than any other Android phone. Aside from Samsung's foldgate, fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice (remember the exploding batteries?), shame on you. I would largely not touch an Android phone, let alone an Asian-market phone without some real world use showing how long the battery actually lasts, and how how long the screen lasts. Android phones have a reputation of having to be replaced after 18 months, because their software doesn't get updated, and the OLED's end up with screen burnin. It just kinda reads as "why would I ever buy one." This is why carriers love using these things as "free" phones, because they're all profit unlike the iPhone which they make almost nothing from. 

Sony? LG? Samsung? Aren't those Asian company's? Actually Lenovo too...

Or if you mean why they don't test phones that are more mainstream in Asian markets. Thats because they either get stuff that they are being send, and those smaller company's don't think LMG and its mainly North American and European audience wouldn't be good for coverage. I mean Honor is only brand besides Huawei thats being sold by chain-stores here. Xiaomi doesn't have touch in phone/tablet markets in same way. At the moment it, and others, still have that pretense of being cheap Chinese copies. It will take time for them to establish themselves as mainstream. (just like it did with Gigabyte and AsRock)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv