Looking for headphone recommendations

AncientSkycrane

Recently had my old pair of G35's finally give up the ghost on me after eight years of dedicated service, so I give up the long lurk... to come and beg you all for recommendations.

My use case is that I work from home, near a fair amount of noise (nearby school, construction) and wearing my headphones for long periods of time (eight to ten hour workdays on average). I'm not an audiophile, as I'm told is patently obvious from the fact that I thought G35's sounded great, so sound quality isn't so much a concern as comfort and build quality.

• I do not need an inline microphone anymore, as I got a simple condenser to deal with said local noise.
  • Sound quality, as previously stated, is not a huge concern.
  • They do not need to be portable.
  • Interface can be USB to 3.5mm to 6.35mm, but there isn't a preference.
  • Build quality would be a great plus as I don't like to buy new peripherals that often, even though I think my old pair lasting eight years was probably a fluke.
  • Comfortable enough for long sessions.
  • Wireless is fine, but I'm not sure about how the battery life works with these. Do they come with a cradle you can just place them in or do they need to be plugged in?
  • Looking in the sub-$100 price range.

Is this something I can get for a reasonable price? I've been looking and read the lovely FAQ sticky, which helped, but it seems to be for more hardcore people than me. Just from some basic filter searches, I've found the Cowin E7 and something called the OneOdio, but I don't know if these brands are reputable or not.

Any help would be appreciated!

I dont know how the wireless sound quality on them are since you need to buy an adapter for wireless, but the Audio-Technica M40x's seem like a good pair for you. I am very biased since I own them, but you can research them yourself for that matter. Also with BrainWavz memory foam earpads theyre very comfy

hi

I would suggest either the Audio-Technica ATHAD700X or the ATH-AD500X, as they are open air the comfort level is outstanding and being Audio-Technica top sound quality.

Both are under 100USD with the 500X being the lessor cost model. I have the ATH-AD1000X and love them, best I've ever had.

takstar pro 82, Creative Aurvana live (the first model not the second), status audio cb 1 , m40x with pad mod . my favorite to least favorite in that order.but no matter what you pick they are all good. takstar pro 82 extremely comfortable sounds really good for the price built pretty well too. 

if you do want an openm back shp 9500x are the best headphone hands down in the under $100