500gb m.2 nvme ssd

zFox

Boy, I wouldn't buy either. If you're not dealing with large file transfers, a 2.5'' sata SSD would serve you just fine. 

If you're dead set on nvme though, you should at least buy from a reputable brand.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

7 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

reputable

For the record, I've got both of those drives in different systems. Never had an issue. YMMV of course.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

For the record, I've got both of those drives in different systems. Never had an issue. YMMV of course.

Hi there,

Do they get around the speeds as advertised?

Do they stay relatively in the cool range where they are not overheating?

If you can, buy samsung or crucial.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, zFox said:

Hi there,

Do they get around the speeds as advertised?

Do they stay relatively in the cool range where they are not overheating?

I have them in PCIe adapters, because they are in older systems (servers actually) but I"m very pleased with the speeds. Not getting that full advertised 3gig/sec, but it is up there.

As to cooling, I have cheap heatsinks on them, and not had any warnings from my monitoring software.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

30 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I have them in PCIe adapters, because they are in older systems (servers actually) but I"m very pleased with the speeds. Not getting that full advertised 3gig/sec, but it is up there.

As to cooling, I have cheap heatsinks on them, and not had any warnings from my monitoring software.

WD Black SN 750 on a sale today limited time,  really nice deal it seems

3430 reads,  2600 writes,

Should I pick it up?

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-SN750-500GB-Internal-Gaming/dp/B07MH2P5ZD

Yeah wd black is also nice.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

29 minutes ago, zFox said:

As long as you have a proper backup plan, it doesn't matter which one you get, the speeds are awesome all around.