Can I build on a chair mat?

adzygamer15

hello, I was just about to start building my pc and I have a table which gets scratched easily and was wondering if I put my chair mat on top it if that would be okay to build on. the chair mat is like a plastic one. If not I’ll just have to risk on the table 

A fabric tablecloth or bed sheet would be better. Plastic surfaces tend to attract static.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I build on the carpet, on my chair and my desk. I just touch the power supply casing while it's plugged into the wall to ground myself and call it good. I'd just throw a nice clean bath towel down personally, done it a few times before I stopped caring about scratches on my glass desk.

Unless you're specifically trying to kill parts with static, it's pretty unlikely you'll hurt anything.

10 hours ago, adzygamer15 said:

hello, I was just about to start building my pc and I have a table which gets scratched easily and was wondering if I put my chair mat on top it if that would be okay to build on. the chair mat is like a plastic one. If not I’ll just have to risk on the table 

Buy a cardboard box from somewhere or grab a spare one and just rip it open flat and build on that.

On 5/28/2019 at 3:14 PM, brob said:

A fabric tablecloth or bed sheet would be better. Plastic surfaces tend to attract static.

built on a bed sheet, thanks