LTT YouTube Ad

Just saw a 16 second ad before a non tech video on the tubes, hosted by short and squeaky for last pass... Is it legit or stolen content? I know you all are spending more than ya ever have, but I truly hate this shit. Especially when I invest in things like floatplane and merch...聽

Given that LMG makes commercials and other ads on a commission basis, i would say it is legit sine it's not the first time. LinusTechTips is the youtube channel LinusMediaGroup is the actual company who does more than just youtube.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

On 5/24/2019 at 5:29 AM, durdahl said:

Just saw a 16 second ad before a non tech video on the tubes, hosted by short and squeaky for last pass... Is it legit or stolen content? I know you all are spending more than ya ever have, but I truly hate this shit. Especially when I invest in things like floatplane and merch...聽

You hate seeing adverts on other channels which feature Linus.. how is that worse than seeing one from Pepsi or google?

I just saw the video showing off the Wan Zippered Hoodie on you tube...LOVE to have just. ONE ? Also. just getting back online After bad motherboard on my Qosmio. after 9 years...Currently on my New Desktop , 2700X, 2080 gpu...after 9 years...WOW !!

On 5/24/2019 at 6:29 AM, durdahl said:

Making videos on commission is one of LMG's businesses, it's not related to the channel LTT and moreover they don't control where those ads are shown - they simply produce them.

If you don't want to see them simply install an adblocker, it's not illegal and personally I no longer believe it is immoral.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm sorry what?聽

You do realize that they do commercials for various聽brands right? You think buying merch and your floatplane sub, gives you the right to complain just because you've seen an ad for a product that happened to feature Linus, on another platform that isn't owned by LMG ?

That's like saying "I've bought the movie box set of this one movie featuring this actor, so I shouldn't be seeing ads with the same actor in it". Do you not realize how ridiculous that sounds?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x聽/ GPU:Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB/ RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB聽DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus聽/ NVME: Corsair聽MP510 240GB / Case:TT Core v21聽/ PSU: Seasonic 750W聽/ OS: Win聽10 Pro