i have no idea what to do

ViveLaVita

my pc is running extremely slow so i wanted to factory reset it  but this comes up. i think my sister got a virus on my pc. help i backed up everything already so i'm not worried about factory resetting

image.png

I recommend getting an anti-virus then making a search up for if there is a virus or not. Another recommendation is to just look at the applications or background applications.

go to a friends house and make a windows install usb

use said usb on pc

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Just now, OfficialTractic said:

I recommend getting an anti-virus then making a search up for if there is a virus or not. Another recommendation is to just look at the applications or background applications.

the anti virus comes up empty, webroot and windows anti virus. i've looked at the task manager and nothing seems out of order. nothing i can notice anyway

3 minutes ago, will1432 said:

go to a friends house and make a windows install usb

use said usb on pc

i didn't understand what you mean

reinstall windows completely and then restore your backup.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

5 minutes ago, ViveLaVita said:

the anti virus comes up empty, webroot and windows anti virus. i've looked at the task manager and nothing seems out of order. nothing i can notice anyway

Most of the times it could be either because of the applications you are using. However, since there are no recovery option buttons available, then that is weird. But what will1432 said is a better solution.

49 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Hold down the left shift key on the keyboard, and at the same time click on the restart button in the start menu.

This will bring you to the Windows 10 recovery page. 

From here you can navigate to "change windows boot settings" which will allow you to boot into safemode.

Check to see if windows is just as slow in safemode then when it boots into its regular state. 

Let us know what happens in safemode, if it's just as slow, etc...

It seems to be stuck 

1558657231965988910814527925032.jpg

57 minutes ago, will1432 said:

reinstall windows completely and then restore your backup.

Do you mind explaining me how to do that? I've never had to do something like this before 

24 minutes ago, ViveLaVita said:

Do you mind explaining me how to do that? I've never had to do something like this before 

go here on anouther pc and download https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

then you have a usb you can boot your pc from(press like f12 to enter the boot menu) and select the usb)