Windows update not showing up?

Flux Azreal
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
26 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

What do you mean by "via waves"?

It means in groups of people which may or may not follow a set of criteria.

In the old days of Windows, when an update was released, it was released to everyone. The problem is that servers could get clog up, and download speed could take a serious hit, a growing issue with more and more people getting Internet and PCs at home and work. Then things switch to groups of people to reduce server stress. Today, the same applies, in addition, Microsoft releases updates based on certain system specs and software installed on the system, to see if there is a problem that occurs. if so, an automated system created update blocks to limit any issues, and Microsoft will investigate it, narrow it down the update block to a specific hardware or software, unblocking people, and blocking who truly are the target of the issue, then they'll add it to the release notes the issue with the status (mitigated, resolved, investigating, or blocked).

Here is the current status:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903

You can force the update using Microsoft Update Assistance (https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 - click on "Update now" blue button at the top of the page), but you do this at your own risk. If you have issues, you'll need to live with them until a fix is released by Microsoft, or the software or the hardware manufacture (driver update). Example of issues can be: some hardware feature not working, data loss, a or some programs can't run, some Windows feature not work right, or you may face with consent BSODs issues.

also these are my specs

These are partial specs. A simple memory card inserted into the system, a particular sound card or chip on the system or software version installed on your system can make you fall into an update block.

When i updated my pc it restarted and everything but it still shows 

Version: 1809

i checked for more updates but says eveyrthing is up to date 

but here it says if i "update" going threw the settings which i have i can get the new update which includes "Windows SandBox"

(yes i have pro)

image.png.88e1c5a92031d2c67671faaeb2685df3.png

-= Moved to Windows =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

47 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

When i updated my pc it restarted and everything but it still shows 

Version: 1809

i checked for more updates but says eveyrthing is up to date 

but here it says if i "update" going threw the settings which i have i can get the new update which includes "Windows SandBox"

(yes i have pro)

image.png.88e1c5a92031d2c67671faaeb2685df3.png

Windows 10 May 2019 update (1903) is being deliver via waves. And please note that update blocks are in place for system not ready yet due to known driver or software issues that needs to be solved either by Microsoft, or the driver or software maker (which you'll need to update first).

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows 10 May 2019 update (1903) is being deliver via waves. And please note that update blocks are in place for system not ready yet due to known driver or software issues that needs to be solved either by Microsoft, or the driver or software maker (which you'll need to update first).

also these are my specs

image.png.e7d555aa464a135afa7bd8de3b79a17d.png

(i have ssd)

so do you think itll work for me?

26 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

In the old days of Windows, when an update was released, it was released to everyone. The problem is that servers could get clog up, and download speed could take a serious hit, a growing issue with more and more people getting Internet and PCs at home and work. Then things switch to groups of people to reduce server stress. Today, the same applies, in addition, Microsoft releases updates based on certain system specs and software installed on the system, to see if there is a problem that occurs. if so, an automated system created update blocks to limit any issues, and Microsoft will investigate it, narrow it down the update block to a specific hardware or software, unblocking people, and blocking who truly are the target of the issue, then they'll add it to the release notes the issue with the status (mitigated, resolved, investigating, or blocked).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903

You can force the update using Microsoft Update Assistance (https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 - click on "Update now" blue button at the top of the page), but you do this at your own risk. If you have issues, you'll need to live with them until a fix is released by Microsoft, or the software or the hardware manufacture (driver update). Example of issues can be: some hardware feature not working, data loss, a or some programs can't run, some Windows feature not work right, or you may face with consent BSODs issues.

also these are my specs

These are partial specs. A simple memory card inserted into the system, a particular sound card or chip on the system or software version installed on your system can make you fall into an update block.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Thank you so much you explained everything in just 1 go xD so informative!