Fake 4790k?

I found this i7 4790k on facebook marektplace. The printing on the chip doesn't seem legit to me. Does anyone know if this is fake or real?

fake cpu.png

NEVER use the Facebook marketplace to buy things like this. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

3 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

I would say its fake, I seen that photo used on other sites, mostly eBay and AliExpress.

EDIT:

The the person could have been lazy and grabbed a stock photo they found online.

They did say they have 10 of them so i guess that may be part of it although this is the only picture.

1 minute ago, Mr. horse said:

Ask them for a real photo.

Having 10 of them only makes it more fishy. do a image search on the photo and you will find it used in a few other places.

Yes i just did both 

Just now, Mr. horse said:

I would like to see what the seller has to say. from what you have said so far it seems fishy.

I was thinking exactly what you have said it is unlikely that he will have so many and sell them at a quarter of their normal price. He has seen my message but hasn't responded so i guess this is a scam for sure.

Just to make it clear that all genuine 4790K FPO numbers start with the letter 'L', if it's anything else then it's probably a counterfeit chip. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Just to make it clear that all genuine 4790K FPO numbers start with the letter 'L', if it's anything else then it's probably a counterfeit chip. 

I checked the warranty thing on intel and it showed up as a 4790k but the problem is that this picture is also on many other websites if you do a search by image on google.

19 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

The "L" shows the fab/assembly site that it came from. L4 (2014) OCs better than L3 (2013).

The X chips (2014 or 2015) are generally the best chips for overclocking. With lower stock and overclocked VIDs and a better paste application from the factory.

Just because you've never seen one, doesn't mean it's fake. There's plenty of chatter about the X/Vietnam batch. Especially in the overclocking circles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oB9-mKn2Bt56_f1vqKHC91Eb_Pa9jJzBreq47hMUI8A/htmlembed?gid=1&widget=false

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

I seen the chip before. But for me its the other things that make it fishy. The use of a stock photo, having a bunch of them, the low price and so on.

He is not responding to anything i say now it is 100% a scam.

1 minute ago, Mr. horse said:

Give him time, life happens. Btu at the same time keep your grad up and don't get scammed.

I have messaged him twice and both times he as seen my message but ignored it.

Seems like you should move on then. 

Just sold my 4790k on Facebook, don’t see why people wouldn’t use it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz