Huawei notebooks

I was planning to get a huawei matebook 13 but I am a bit worried now. Does this scandal affects the laptops or just the smartphones? Opinions about the whole thing?

Gaming pc: CPU(AMD Ryzen 5 1600), MOBO(MSI B450M Bazooka), RAM(DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz Kingston Fury Black), STORAGE(120GB WD Green SSD , 1TB WD Blue HDD), GPU(incoming), PSU(incoming), CASE(Nzxt h400i)

Its just about smartphones nothing can affect laptops and also Hawei is gonna be fine since its backed up by the Chinese goverment,

Didn't Intel and Broadcomm also announce not supplying chips to Huawei? So in the long term it will likely affect stock of their product. I can imagine the stock they have now will likely go to their networking division before they go to their laptop division (if there is an overlap in supply that is).

I doubt it will have an affect on the Windows updates though.. Although I wouldn't know for sure now.

At the moment I don't have much of an opinion on the matter until more information is given.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

7 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Didn't Intel and Broadcomm also announce not supplying chips to Huawei? So in the long term it will likely affect stock of their product. I can imagine the stock they have now will likely go to their networking division before they go to their laptop division (if there is an overlap in supply that is).

I doubt it will have an affect on the Windows updates though.. Although I wouldn't know for sure now.

At the moment I don't have much of an opinion on the matter until more information is given.

4 minutes ago, duncannah said:

I'd suggest avoiding Huawei for the moment

I dont think that something like that will happen.Just more companies will stop using huawei hardware like radios and staff.So huawei is not deep in the privacy of a company.

Depends how serious you are about having Windows as OS. If Microsoft "caves" under US government pressure (I don't go into politics about why Google caved), then you might end up without updates on Windows when it detects Huawei hardware ID. But Linux and other open-source OS' will still remain as option.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, SzaboAttila said:

I was planning to get a huawei matebook 13 but I am a bit worried now. Does this scandal affects the laptops or just the smartphones? Opinions about the whole thing?

I deal with all that is happening you might be taking about risk going with Huawei devcies mostly if you are in the US. If you really want those articles specs it has to for the HP Spectre x360 or maybe a Dell XPS 13 9380 ormdowngrade from the mx150 to an igpu with the LG gram or Microsoft surface laptop 2