PC freezes with buzzing sound

Newbie390

Hello guys I builded this PC a month ago, everything was fine, running smooth and stuff but now it freezes and a buzzing sound comes from the speakers and it automatically restarts(not even on load), after reinstalling windows10, it no longers automcatically restarts but it still freezing, this happens an hour(give or take) after turning on the pc but after the first restart it starts freezing more often (it even freezes on bios)

this is the setup

cpu ryzen 2600

mobo gygabyte b450 ds3h (yea i know its crap but it should work)

ram gskill aegis 3000mhz cl16

gpu 1060 6gb

psu cougar gxs550

ssd crucial mx500 500gb

now i already know its not the gpu, ram, psu, ssd because i tested them on my another pc (intel) but i cant test mobo or cpu because its my first ryzen build and i have no other parts

the cpu i got it from newegg about 3 months ago (but just finished building a month ago)

and mobo i got it on a local store

since i thought the odds is that the mobo was faulty i tried to return it but they said they tested it and its fine but as i said it happens after an hour, maybe more

now the question is: is it possible that the cpu is causing these random freezes? or maybe its the mobo and the guys at my local store didnt tested it for long enough?

ALSO when the first freezes started i looked inside my case and noticed that the 8 pin connector cpu power was barely plugged, a gently pull and it came off, could it be that it wasnt making good contact and it damaged my cpu/mobo?

• 7 months later...

Hello,

Got the same issue, found any solutions ?

Thanks !

How long has this been happening for? Never a good idea to unplug a cable from your PC while its running but have you tried updating your BIOS to the latest version. Did it only start happening right after you unplugged that cable?

Also if you have more than one RAM stick in your pc I would try unplugging one after turning your pc off and unplugging it and then trying it with only one ram stick and see if that solves your problem.

Hello Jim1h

Thanks for the good advice, yes I have more than one stick, I have a x4 kit for a total of 16Gs (i know, i know, not the best solution, but I had to do with what was available back in 2015 when I knew nothing)

I'll try overnight to do the Prime95 memory stress test and i'll get back to you for more info.

Thanks again !

Hello again !

So, played for 6hours yesterday, did the stress test afterwards, 8hours during the night, and nothing.

It's just so random... I hadn't the problem for months, and this one time it came back, maybe it will not show up until another month or so. It's a real mistery.

Let me know if you have any other idea.

Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry bothering you again with this, but it went calm until now.

Just did it again, that d*mn crash.

There is no typical behavior for this. It's so random. 

If anyone has any idea... 

Thanks.