Corsair fan screws

Peiguy

I've recently put together my first PC in the Spec-04 and I tried installing Corsair's ML fans realized that the screws included don't fit the screw holes in the case as they're too skinny, does anyone know the dimensions or what kind of screws this case uses because I can't figure it out

Case:https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Carbide-SPEC-04-Mid-Tower-Tempered/dp/B074VN8HNM/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?keywords=spec+04+tgt&qid=1558235946&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Feel free to ask any questions, thank you!

20190518_202748.jpg

Those aren't threaded holes.. Nothing came with screws that look like these? These are what you use to screw the fans in when there are no threads available.. You stick it right in the hole and force screw it into the fans mounting hole.

61YdHiMQaeL._SL1200_.thumb.jpg.dc7b065088e9e1c1bbc00a50c6b67afd.jpg

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

5 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

Those aren't threaded holes.. Nothing came with screws that look like these? These are what you use to screw the fans in when there are no threads available.. You stick it right in the hole and force screw it into the fans mounting hole.

61YdHiMQaeL._SL1200_.thumb.jpg.dc7b065088e9e1c1bbc00a50c6b67afd.jpg

My case didn't come with anything except the fan, it was supposed to come with an accessory's kit such as screws and zip ties and HDD mounts but it didn't come with either

My fans came with screws that look like that but they're not thick enough to actually screw into the hole

6 hours ago, Peiguy said:

My case didn't come with anything except the fan, it was supposed to come with an accessory's kit such as screws and zip ties and HDD mounts but it didn't come with either

You should have contacted store about that one. Its clearly packaging issue from factory and enough for RMA.

6 hours ago, Peiguy said:

My fans came with screws that look like that but they're not thick enough to actually screw into the hole

Pic of screws? Fans usually use what is called self-tapping screws. They are just thing enough to go straight through case fan holes and thich enough so that they screw into fan plastic.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You should have contacted store about that one. Its clearly packaging issue from factory and enough for RMA.

Pic of screws? Fans usually use what is called self-tapping screws. They are just thing enough to go straight through case fan holes and thich enough so that they screw into fan plastic.

They look like this but have a small notch

screws.jpg

17 minutes ago, Peiguy said:

They look like this but have a small notch

Those are correct screws. They aren't suppose to be tight on case, as they will tap into fan itself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Those are correct screws. They aren't suppose to be tight on case, as they will tap into fan itself.

But the problem with them is that they're not long enough to screw into my case 

1 hour ago, Peiguy said:

But the problem with them is that they're not long enough to screw into my case 

You are supposed to put screw in from outside of the case. Just look at how pre-installed fans are.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

56 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You are supposed to put screw in from outside of the case. Just look at how pre-installed fans are.

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...that actually makes sense, why am I so dumb? Thank you!