Urgent! All usb ports not detecting!

naokuronao
Go to solution Solved by BigDamn,
1 minute ago, naokuronao said:

I do have another keyboard but it is a bluetooth keyboard. I actually tried that as well but it doesnt pair at all.

Fire up your PC, and while Windows is booting restart it. Then again. And maybe one more time. Eventually it will being automatic repair and then after that you can get to safemode. From there, you should be able to rollback the latest updates.

Hello,

After restarting my computer, all of my usb ports does not seem to detect so I cannot use my keyboard or mouse to log in anymore. The keyboard and mouse works perfectly fine inside the bios, but when loading into Windows, it stops working. There is no lights turning on my keyboard like it used to. Is there a fix to this problem? 

Below are the Specs

CPU: i7-6850k

Ram: 32Gb ddr4

GPU: GTX980Ti

Have you unplugged and plugged them back in? Have you tried safe mode?

Just now, NinJake said:

Have you unplugged and plugged them back in? Have you tried safe mode?

Thanks for the reply!

yes, multiple times. I tried different ports, unplugged all unnecessary usb devices. I can't get into safe mode since as soon as after the post to windows, the keyboard stops working.

Are you using the front or rear ports? Ideally you would be using the rear ports, but if you currently are you can try the fronts. Try just running a single device, preferably the keyboard, and see if that resolves it.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

I would try a ps/2 keyboard if your motherboard supports it. There could be some sort of driver error. If you have the resources, you could always try to make a live linux USB and boot into any distro of your choice, (linux mint is a nice option) and see if everything works fine in the live linux environment.

Double check USB isn't disabled in your BIOS/UEFI as well.

2 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Windows drivers might have been messed up by Windows updates.  Do USB keys or external drives work? Is it JUST the keyboard and mouse?

Thanks for the reply!

Its all the ports seems to be messed up, any usb devices doesnt seem to detect. Except it does have power through it since it charged my phone when I plugged it in.

2 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

Are you using the front or rear ports? Ideally you would be using the rear ports, but if you currently are you can try the fronts. Try just running a single device, preferably the keyboard, and see if that resolves it.

Thanks for the reply!

I tried plugging only the keyboard at the rear ports but still, the same issue is occurring, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I would try a ps/2 keyboard if your motherboard supports it. There could be some sort of driver error. If you have the resources, you could always try to make a live linux USB and boot into any distro of your choice, (linux mint is a nice option) and see if everything works fine in the live linux environment.

Double check USB isn't disabled in your BIOS/UEFI as well.

Thanks for the reply!

The motherboard does support ps2 port. It is an X99 strix. I really wished I owned a ps2 keyboard right now, I have something due very soon. :(

I checked inside the bios and all the usb ports are enabled.

5 minutes ago, naokuronao said:

Thanks for the reply!

I tried plugging only the keyboard at the rear ports but still, the same issue is occurring, unfortunately.

Do you have a different keyboard to try?

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

9 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

Do you have a different keyboard to try?

I do have another keyboard but it is a bluetooth keyboard. I actually tried that as well but it doesnt pair at all.

1 minute ago, naokuronao said:

Fire up your PC, and while Windows is booting restart it. Then again. And maybe one more time. Eventually it will being automatic repair and then after that you can get to safemode. From there, you should be able to rollback the latest updates.

PC #1

PC #2

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

13 hours ago, BigDamn said:

Sorry for the late reply. Just came back home. Also the computer stopped powering on for a few hours for some reason too. I killed the power a few times to force to recovery mode and I was able to rollback to a previous version! Thank you so much!

12 hours ago, Alexsolo said:

What's the motherboard?

Can you try to boot into safemode?

Sorry for the very late reply!

I think my motherboard model name is called the X99 Strix from Asus. I was able to go to the recovery mode after forcing a shutdown a few times! Thank you very much for this video!