HELP: Black Ops 4 Keeps Crashing or Restarting my PC

Hello, I need help!! this are my pc specs https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sM9kpG

I recently changed the Graphics Card from gtx 970 to the MSI RTX 2060 Ventus OC 6G

I used DDU to clean install the new drivers. Black ops crashes everytime after finishing a match. Not ever during, sometimes in the menu but never in-game and i can only play one match. FPS is good, temps reach a max of 75 C. I reinstalled the game and it keeps crashing or restarting my pc. It leaves no crash files. Ive run Fire Streak Benchmark for 4 hours, Heaven for 4 hours, Asus benchmark and stress test for 5 hours or more, Intel Stress test adn it passed. The only one that crashes is the Time Spy benchmark in the third try.

Ive also tried underclocking the gpu and i have the same result.

ive played PUBG, Shadow of War, GTA V, Rainbow Six Siege all at Ultra with no problems.

Now maybe the overclock is no stable on my pc or something but the game keeps crashing after one match. Black Ops 4 never crashed with the gtx 970. I do have an old Windows 10 build idk if that has anything to do with it? but still it never crashed with the gtx 970. Should I send the Video card back? idk whats going on. 

Ive also tried putting the file on administrator mode, putting all the graphics at low, setting the cpu cores to manual and changing the cpu cores in the properties. I dont know what else to do, i was thinking about the nvidia drivers too but my friend can play normally with my GTX 970 card and the latest drivers. Still I tried downgrading the drivers to an older version (430.39) and nothing, keeps crashing and restarting my pc.

One last thing the game never ever crashes during a game or while loading the match, it is always in the menus (creating a class, searching for a match, from the match to the menu). Should i try changing the card to another slot? Im out of ideas.

This seems like it as in issue specific to Black ops 4 esp considering that you have played much more intensive games and having those games not crash on you. Also by "crashing", do you mean crash-to-desktop or does it crash your entire system + force it to restart?

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

22 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

This seems like it as in issue specific to Black ops 4 esp considering that you have played much more intensive games and having those games not crash on you. Also by "crashing", do you mean crash-to-desktop or does it crash your entire system + force it to restart?

Hey! thanks for replying! By crashing i mean the entire system and then the system restarts itself. I mean black ops worked just fine before i changed the gpu. what else should i try? should clean install windows? formatting and everything?

-Try re-installing your drivers once more if you haven't already

-Does the game have a crash-log system in place? Try to find out where it stores that info....Once you do, I recommend you upload it to the cod community to see what is causing the crashes according tot he logs (considering that I don't play much bo4)

-Check the temps when trying to reproduce the problems and compare the temps + gpu usage to other games

-If all fails, try to reinstall the physical gpu or like what you said, put it in another slot to see if that works. 

-Did it cause a BSOD on your system btw?

Note: it could be an issue with just the game itself to be honest and that it may have trouble being optimized for your gpu. Though this is one the few times where I've personally heard a specific game actually crashing an entire system

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

16 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

-Try re-installing your drivers once more if you haven't already

-Does the game have a crash-log system in place? Try to find out where it stores that info....Once you do, I recommend you upload it to the cod community to see what is causing the crashes according tot he logs (considering that I don't play much bo4)

-Check the temps when trying to reproduce the problems and compare the temps + gpu usage to other games

-If all fails, try to reinstall the physical gpu or like what you said, put it in another slot to see if that works. 

-Did it cause a BSOD on your system btw?

Note: it could be an issue with just the game itself to be honest and that it may have trouble being optimized for your gpu. Though this is one the few times where I've personally heard a specific game actually crashing an entire system

Okay so Update, I tried installing older drivers with and without the 3D vision stuff and physix and nothing.

The game is not able to save any crash data. i  talked with a Battle.net guy already and gave me things to try but nothing.

Max temp my gpu reaches in intense benchmarks (i tried underclocking a bit with Time Spy and it didnt crash my pc anymore) is 77 c which is fine it never slows down or crashes.

I dont get a BSOD sometimes it crashes and i have to turn off the PC and sometimes the pc restarts itself.

in the Event Viewer i get a Kernel Power Error 41 but only when i have to force my pc to restart when black ops crashes.

Today im going to try and format the whole system and installing windows again. reinstall everything and see if that works. Ill let you know! Thanks for your help so far!

A CPU overclock can do it as well.

My underperforming i7 8700k would hard crash my modded Fallout 4 with any overclock. The same save with the same mods did not hard crash my i7 8086k with 5ghz on all cores. If you check out my computer specs you will notice that they are very similar.

Later when I upgraded to a RTX 2080 ti(FTW3 Ultra) the card would crash with any overclock in Cinebench stock if there was even any overclock on the CPU. Even at 4.7mhz on all cores. The i7 8700k had to go. 

I have had games hard crash because of XMP and GPU factory overclock as well. For the GPU, putting it into debug mode always worked.  

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

2 hours ago, jones177 said:

A CPU overclock can do it as well.

My underperforming i7 8700k would hard crash my modded Fallout 4 with any overclock. The same save with the same mods did not hard crash my i7 8086k with 5ghz on all cores. If you check out my computer specs you will notice that they are very similar.

Later when I upgraded to a RTX 2080 ti(FTW3 Ultra) the card would crash with any overclock in Cinebench stock if there was even any overclock on the CPU. Even at 4.7mhz on all cores. The i7 8700k had to go. 

I have had games hard crash because of XMP and GPU factory overclock as well. For the GPU, putting it into debug mode always worked.  

Okay here is the strange part. It only happens with this game, with Black Ops. I tried underclocking the GPU and the Time Spy benchmark did not crash anymore. Any other game i tried worked fine. The temps are fine on the GPU and CPU. I format all my drives and reinstall windows, It worked for like 2 seconds and it kept crashing, just Black Ops 4. I recently tried World War Z everything runs fine. I dont know what is happening. My CPU is not overclocked at all and it passed all the stress test i could find, no crashes. Only with this game and only in the menus (if can make it into a game i can play the whole match without crashes but once it gets to the menu it crashes and restarts my pc).

58 minutes ago, MayCris said:

Okay here is the strange part. It only happens with this game, with Black Ops. I tried underclocking the GPU and the Time Spy benchmark did not crash anymore. Any other game i tried worked fine. The temps are fine on the GPU and CPU. I format all my drives and reinstall windows, It worked for like 2 seconds and it kept crashing, just Black Ops 4. I recently tried World War Z everything runs fine. I dont know what is happening. My CPU is not overclocked at all and it passed all the stress test i could find, no crashes. Only with this game and only in the menus (if can make it into a game i can play the whole match without crashes but once it gets to the menu it crashes and restarts my pc).

That is a tough one.

The only way I know how to troubleshoot this sort of thing is to swap out parts. 

To do that you need the parts, so you may be stuck.

It may be the chips set on you motherboard degrading but you would have to have a spare ti test. Use a different SATA port. 

It also could be that the menu does a DLL call and the DLL wants a permission or does not like your setup. Move the game to another location. 

If it has to load the menu from disk it could be the HDD/SSD controller. Move it to another drive.

I have recently had to move Steam from the default location to its own folder because of permissions issues. I have had Steam in the default location since Steam began with no issue. Why now.

Good Luck.  

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

4 hours ago, jones177 said:

That is a tough one.

The only way I know how to troubleshoot this sort of thing is to swap out parts. 

To do that you need the parts, so you may be stuck.

It may be the chips set on you motherboard degrading but you would have to have a spare ti test. Use a different SATA port. 

It also could be that the menu does a DLL call and the DLL wants a permission or does not like your setup. Move the game to another location. 

If it has to load the menu from disk it could be the HDD/SSD controller. Move it to another drive.

I have recently had to move Steam from the default location to its own folder because of permissions issues. I have had Steam in the default location since Steam began with no issue. Why now.

Good Luck.  

Hmm.. Ill try moving the game to another disk. Thanks for your help! Ill update if that works.