DaltonM

Budget - $1500 USD, not firm on that, can go less, or higher

Use - Gaming and Streaming while recording. VR, Vive Pro or Index level

Parts I own and want to reuse:

PSU - 750w EVGA 80+Gold semi modular

HDD - 1tb WD Blue

SSD - 256gb

CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 Evo

So I'm looking to upgrade my GPU, CPU, MOBO and RAM. I also need a new case (budget ~150), and some new m.2 SSD.

1. Should I keep my 212 if I don't plan on OC with it? Right now I'm using it with stock 4690k and it works great in my mATX. I will get an AIO when I OC. 

2. What case do you have/would you get? I actually don't like glass panels or care for RGB. 

I have posted a PC Partpicker, but I am not attached to any of those parts, I based this off a prebuilt section on PCpartpicker. I feel like I can save money here. 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XvfzQZ

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($404.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Motherboard: *ASRock - Z390 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($114.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: *Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($144.50 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($149.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: *Zotac - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Video Card  ($669.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1484.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-13 17:09 EDT-0400

1 minute ago, DaltonM said:

PSU - 750w EVGA 80+Gold semi modular

ehm... which one?

alternatively:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $299.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Purchased For $0.00
Motherboard ASRock - Z370M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $64.89 @ OutletPC
Memory GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $75.98 @ Newegg
Storage Team - MS30 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $48.99 @ Newegg Business
Video Card ASRock - Radeon VII 16 GB Phantom Gaming X Video Card $679.98 @ SuperBiiz
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $1189.83
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $1169.83
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-13 17:17 EDT-0400  

1 hour ago, DaltonM said:

Gaming and Streaming while recording

A 2700X might actually serve these purposes better than the 8700K or 9700K.

1 hour ago, DaltonM said:

Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($149.89 @ OutletPC) 

While the Samsung series are high quality... Their price brings up a strong question to the value of them. The $70ish you could save here could easily go toward an upgrade in the GPU cooler.

The 2700X comes with a comparable cooler to the 212 Evo, so really that's your choice. Neither would support a strong overclock on the CPU. The 2700X does have a nice core/boost clock though. It handles multi core performance better than most CPUs on the market, so it's great for the gaming/recording/streaming. 

500GB NVMe SSD for significantly less, and from a trusted brand.

This Windforce GPU boasts a nasty core clock, and it's a high end cooler. 

The case is your choice. I personally find this one extremely sexy.

1 hour ago, trevb0t said:

The 2700X comes with a comparable cooler to the 212 Evo, so really that's your choice. Neither would support a strong overclock on the CPU. The 2700X does have a nice core/boost clock though. It handles multi core performance better than most CPUs on the market, so it's great for the gaming/recording/streaming. 

500GB NVMe SSD for significantly less, and from a trusted brand.

This Windforce GPU boasts a nasty core clock, and it's a high end cooler. 

The case is your choice. I personally find this one extremely sexy.

Yep, for streaming the 2700x decimates the 8700/8700K. The only intel chips that win in streaming are the 9700K and 9900K.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($215.39 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe - Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($51.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Sniper X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Video Card  ($669.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair - SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1228.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-13 20:34 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

28 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Yep, for streaming the 2700x decimates the 8700/8700K. The only intel chips that win in streaming are the 9700K and 9900K.

I suppose in any GeForce build, ShadowPlay is also an option that would alleviate some of that CPU load too. I hear it's fairly limited in operational value vs like OBS.

Just now, trevb0t said:

I suppose in any GeForce build, ShadowPlay is also an option that would alleviate some of that CPU load too. I hear it's fairly limited in operational value vs like OBS.

Yeah that is true. It really depends on the "streamer." We're pretty much treating everyone like they are up and coming pro streamers who need the best possible streaming quality using OBS. In reality most would probably be happy with a medium quality stream using ShadowPlay.

30 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Yeah that is true. It really depends on the "streamer." We're pretty much treating everyone like they are up and coming pro streamers who need the best possible streaming quality using OBS. In reality most would probably be happy with a medium quality stream using ShadowPlay.

Fair enough, though I do feel $1500 hard earned dollars ought to buy you something that will keep up with high quality streaming either way. So I don't think that attitude is the wrong approach either ?

44 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Fair enough, though I do feel $1500 hard earned dollars ought to buy you something that will keep up with high quality streaming either way. So I don't think that attitude is the wrong approach either ?

Oh no, I do agree wholly. We should provide the best gear for the use case for the cash. I'm just a fan of having the best possible gaming performance, and streaming eats into that somewhat heavily when using OBS. I think ShadowPlay is far superior because you are still showing off your gameplay, it's still clear enough to watch , and you aren't sacrificing the gaming performance on your end to do it. 

I'm also a fan of playing the games to have fun (and to stare and drool at the pretty pictures!). When streaming you quickly become a people pleaser instead, worrying about what to do within your games that make your viewers happy and keep likes and subscriptions up. It can quickly suck the fun out of it.

But I digress, I'm off on a tangent now!

10 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'd swap to the Sapphire one for roughly the same price.  Not sure how ASRock's GPU cs is, but Sapphire's is EVGA tier.  All Radeon VII's have the same cooler, though.

Doesn't really matter on refference boards, they are all the same, made in the same factory.. the only changes are the stickers :D

I understand that, but wouldn't you expect actually to have even more logistics than Sapphire since they are way bigger than sapphire?

50 minutes ago, SliceT said:

I understand that, but wouldn't you expect actually to have even more logistics than Sapphire since they are way bigger than sapphire?

oh wow... about 3 times the people working over there...

On 5/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, trevb0t said:

So far this is the build I would go with. I've never used an AMD processor before, but for the first time I'm considering. I also think I am set on the RTX 2080. 

And the case is so so, the glass side version is cheaper than the metal side... I would prefer the metal side but I would still buy it cheaper.

Does RAM speed really affect gameplay yet?

Edit: I am small time streamer, but I have fiber. Currently I stream to youtube at 10k bitrate. I would like to record too but I dont have the space and it slows down gameplay. Plus I would never edit it lol. 

54 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

So far this is the build I would go with. I've never used an AMD processor before, but for the first time I'm considering. I also think I am set on the RTX 2080. 

And the case is so so, the glass side version is cheaper than the metal side... I would prefer the metal side but I would still buy it cheaper.

Does RAM speed really affect gameplay yet?

Edit: I am small time streamer, but I have fiber. Currently I stream to youtube at 10k bitrate. I would like to record too but I dont have the space and it slows down gameplay. Plus I would never edit it lol. 

RAM speed effects Ryzen operation heavily. You will want 3000-3200mhz.

As for the case... No need to grab it if you don't like!

I also personally like the Cooler Master H500 quite a bit.

There are a ton of cases available!

As for space, a 3TB HDD is only like $50.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Cs4gXL/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hua723030ala640