How do I actually test stabiility?

Smurf321

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16895738

This is my recent specs and I have an off topic question why is my ssd performing insanely good when I didn't do anything on it.

I boosted my GPU +160 Core mhz and +50 memory

how do I actually test this ? Furmark?

6 minutes ago, Smurf321 said:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16895738

This is my recent specs and I have an off topic question why is my ssd performing insanely good when I didn't do anything on it.

I boosted my GPU +160 Core mhz and +50 memory

how do I actually test this ? Furmark?

Furmark is a good place to start, MSI afterburner (if you use it also currently included OC scanner) also time spy, and the benchmarks from the games that you plan to use the card for are also good, as each program has it's own level of stability with an overclock, based on how it uses the GPU. Basically your goal is to hit the card with all sorts of benchmarks, look for artifacts, dropped frames, reduced frame rates, and all out crashes, a good benchmark will tell you if it discovers any instabilities that it can detect, and it usually only finds the worst of them.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

5 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Furmark is a good place to start, MSI afterburner (if you use it also currently included OC scanner) also time spy, and the benchmarks from the games that you plan to use the card for are also good, as each program has it's own level of stability with an overclock, based on how it uses the GPU. Basically your goal is to hit the card with all sorts of benchmarks, look for artifacts, dropped frames, reduced frame rates, and all out crashes, a good benchmark will tell you if it discovers any instabilities that it can detect, and it usually only finds the worst of them.

This.

I personally test an overclock by running it through Unigine Heaven, followed by Superposition, and then spend a few hours testing it in my usual games and settings. It's not the 100%, surefire, absolute best way to test an overclock, but I doubt I'll complain if my GPU crashes in Furmark but holds up fine in everything I do normally.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I agree with what other people have said about furmark and unigine for testing stability. You should also use a benchmarking tools like cinebench to make sure your overclock is actually giving you better performance. I’ve had my cpu not crashing at 4.8ghz but scoring worse than it does at 4.7.

Dont run furmark that program will put a heavy yet unrealistic load, so heavy it can exceed the tdp rating of the GPU. 

Is it safe? I don't know but it's risky and I have seen a lot of people who ran it and got their gpu killed in the process. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

6 minutes ago, James Evens said:

In this case the tdp wasn't the tdp. You can not exceed the TDP this way.

The time where furmak killed GPUs are over. Manufactures improved there design (I believe one low end XFX RX580 is a exception but anyway the power delivery is total crap on this card so not worth buying anyway).

Then how one can exceed tdp? Because afaik torture software can exceed the tdp of the gpu or cpu. 

But my point is.. Why bother using it? 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

3 hours ago, James Evens said:

TDP is the maximum power consumption which is possible. 

If you overclock you can exceed the stock TDP.

TDP is not the maximum power consumption although its kind of related to power consumption but its not that simple. TDP is how much heat the GPU chip will output in relation to the power it consume and how well the heatsink can actually cool down the chip. 

You dont need to OC to exceed tdp rating. Intel processor can boost itself for short period of time and it will exceed its TDP rating.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13544/why-intel-processors-draw-more-power-than-expected-tdp-turbo

I think you need to watch this

Stability: The cooling system can handle one of the worst heat outputs. Ideally it would be now summer for these kind of testing.

Nope. No program in the world would put a GPU into the state like what furmark did except another torture softwaresl and that makes it not an ideal choice to test for real world situation

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]