need help

Craziii

i just realised after looking into my gpu and my base clock should be 1276 MHz and gpu boost clock speed should be around 1560 MHz yet during anygame im only getting around 1100mhz and wont go anyhigher and my temps will not go above 70c-75c. GIGABYTE RX Vega 64 GAMING OC this is the gpu is have 

Just now, Saksham said:

what power supply?

cxm 550

Just now, Craziii said:

cxm 550

are you trying to oc? open a oc utility and screenshot the window or screenshot gpu-z

Just now, Saksham said:

are you trying to oc? open a oc utility and screenshot the window or screenshot gpu-z

no its all stock i have the msi afterburner stats up and my gpu clock wont go anyhigher tahn 1095

get HWMonitor, so you can see if youre hitting any limits

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

1 minute ago, DakotaWebber said:

get HWMonitor, so you can see if youre hitting any limits

how do i know what my limits are ?

i feel like im missing out on so much performance cause i play only 2 games warface and rust and i cant even sustain the base clock of the card its always stuck at 1100 mhz

5 minutes ago, Craziii said:

how do i know what my limits are ?

use MSI afterburner's on-screen display, check if CPU/GPU temps are hitting thermal limits or if the CPU is stuck at or close to 100% while gaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I have a stupid question. what settings are you playing at? if you're only playing @ 1080p on medium ish settings youre vega 56 has no need to boost up to its max.

Case Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Elite CPU: i9 9900k Cooler: Fractal Design Celcius S24 GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce Extreme 1080tiMemory Tforce ddr4 3200 c14 32GB 4x8 Storage SSD Kingston 240GB SSD, intel660p 1TB m.2 Samsung 860 EVO 1TB m.2 PSU Corsair HX1200 

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

use MSI afterburner's on-screen display, check if CPU/GPU temps are hitting thermal limits or if the CPU is stuck at or close to 100% while gaming.

thats what im using and my cpu doesnt go above 70c (9600k) it only goes to 75c when ive played for long same with the gpu stays around 70c to 75c doesnt go above and im on rust now and my cpu usage is 70% and gpu is 75%

Just now, Cl4ptr4p said:

I have a stupid question. what settings are you playing at? if you're only playing @ 1080p on medium ish settings youre vega 56 has no need to boost up to its max.

i play every game no matter what 1080p lowest settings possible

2 minutes ago, Cl4ptr4p said:

and its vega 64 and im stuck at 1095 mhz on clokc when the base is 1276 and im not trying to boost is it just my main game rust i play is very unoptimized and me seeing that im getting lower clock speed than my base speed is worrying to know that im missing on soo much fps and my bost should be around 1300-1500

Just now, Craziii said:

did you run v-sync with your games?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

did you run v-sync with your games?

tried it and still the same off and on 

same difference. 56 or 64. what in game settings are you playing at in your 2 games? if you're not trying to push past 1080 ultra at high frames your card is not going to boost up. 

Case Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Elite CPU: i9 9900k Cooler: Fractal Design Celcius S24 GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce Extreme 1080tiMemory Tforce ddr4 3200 c14 32GB 4x8 Storage SSD Kingston 240GB SSD, intel660p 1TB m.2 Samsung 860 EVO 1TB m.2 PSU Corsair HX1200 

1 minute ago, Cl4ptr4p said:

same difference. 56 or 64. what in game settings are you playing at in your 2 games? if you're not trying to push past 1080 ultra at high frames your card is not going to boost up. 

both at 1080p lowest settings 

4 minutes ago, Craziii said:

turn your settings up and your memory and boost clocks will get closer to their max l. 1080p at the lowest settings is child's play for that gpu.

4 minutes ago, Cl4ptr4p said:

turn your settings up and your memory and boost clocks will get closer to their max l. 1080p at the lowest settings is child's play for that gpu.

ooh yh i just done that on rust turned everything up and now im hovering around 1350-1460. ty man i didnt know it worked like that dont know if it only with amd card but this is the first time with one.  and question if i undervolt the card if you were to compare the card to a nvidia card what would it be ? i was told to do it by loads of ppl to reduce the temps and power draw and that give me more performance i dont know how much tho

Just now, Craziii said:

ooh yay i just done that on rust turned everything up and now im hovering around 1350-1460. ty man i didnt know it worked like that dont know if it only with amd card but this is the first time with one.  and question if i undervolt the card if you were to compare the card to a nvidia card what would it be ?

1070ti 1080 

somewhere in between. depends on the game