Would you use this rad?

Getting around to adding a GPU to my loop. 

XSPC Raystom PRO CPU block

AX240 Rad

XSPC D5 pump/res combo

EK RTX 2080 waterblock *new*

HW Labs GTX 360 rad *new*

Primoflex advanced LRT tubing 1/2x3/4 *new*

Basically I neglected the intial rig with just the ax240 in a CPU loop. About 3 years and only drained and refilled the system once. Used distilled water and a killcoil. Inside of the tubing was slight green when swabbed (not bad at all it's getting new anyway). Same with the res and CPU block. Those are easy I can take those apart and already cleaned them with vinegar/water and a brush.

Now the radiator is a different story. This seemed to have the worst of it. Very green when swabbed especially by the tubes in the rad. Ive flushed it with scalding hot water/vinegar for a couple hours at least like 5 flushes and shakings. It still looks like this inside. Think it's worth using? I plan on running EK Cryofuel Clear coolant because I can get it local to hopefully stop growth and this problem in the future and because I hear it's not wise to run killcoil with EK nickel blocks. I dont wanna ruin my nice new HW labs rad in a year. Thoughts?

20190507_104240.jpg

20190507_214626.jpg

20190507_214636.jpg

Rads are always going to look rather messy inside just due to the way they are made.

So long as there are not particulates coming out of it, and you have thoroughly flushed it, it should be fine.

Make sure since u have used vinegar in it, to neutralize it before use. Baking soda solution works. And then flush again with distilled.

I recently re-built my system after 4 years without a flush (water was still clear, blocks were a little corroded). The rad, flushed with pure vinegar,  came out dark green, which is to be expected. But after flushing a few times with water, and neutralizing with baking soda, im now using it again and my liquid is crystal clear.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I usually let the vinegar soak inside the rad for hours, overnight if the inside is very green.  Make sure you are using very pure water to prevent the buildup.  Generally an anti corrosive additive is beneficial in a small amount but be careful with using anti corrosive and acrylic together. 

After over a decade of watercooling, I've found de-ionized water purchased in the grocery stores as the best coolant.  Kill coils only if you have growth issues.  Flush once a year. 

Thanks guys. After some thinking I figured it might have been something like that. I made sure to flush them a ton. I didnt know but my primochill tube came with a sysprep and utopia so I'll run the sysprep while leak checking overnight then drain and fill with distilled plus utopia and change it every 6mo.

Looks normal to me. I’d flush and just watch a jet plate if possible. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

12 hours ago, LmnSour said:

I usually let the vinegar soak inside the rad for hours, overnight if the inside is very green.  Make sure you are using very pure water to prevent the buildup.  Generally an anti corrosive additive is beneficial in a small amount but be careful with using anti corrosive and acrylic together. 

After over a decade of watercooling, I've found de-ionized water purchased in the grocery stores as the best coolant.  Kill coils only if you have growth issues.  Flush once a year. 

After the horror stories (from crappy ek plating) and EK saying kill coils shouldn't be used with nickel blocks. I was gonna stay away from a kill coil this time.

7 hours ago, Rawrso said:

After the horror stories (from crappy ek plating) and EK saying kill coils shouldn't be used with nickel blocks. I was gonna stay away from a kill coil this time.

Yeah, I don't use them :D