Using VPN to change Steam region

cheiften98

So im from the UK and am currently in Spain atm. I was hacked a few weeks ago and now my region is stuck on Spain. already contacted support and they say i need to login from the UK first. i was thinking of using a VPN to change my region back to UK temporarily.

cant buy anything as all my payment is in UK address.

what should i do?

Ryzen 5 5600x, GTX 1070 Duel Asus OC Edition, 16gb ram, Asus Tuf Gaming x570-plus

well i tried to just change my region. i wasnt gonna buy anything right now. cant even do that. or maybe the vpn didnt work. hmm

Ryzen 5 5600x, GTX 1070 Duel Asus OC Edition, 16gb ram, Asus Tuf Gaming x570-plus

be very careful. Using software to change your location on Steam is against TOS and I wouldnt want you to get your whole account perma band.

24 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

be very careful. Using software to change your location on Steam is against TOS and I wouldnt want you to get your whole account perma band.

i thought it was just if you purchased something.

10 hours ago, cheiften98 said:

i thought it was just if you purchased something.

You could be right...now that I think on it. I have my VPN on constantly and never have an issue. So yeah it is probably only for purchases.

I think it's only for purchases if you try to get a lower price by changing the region. I logged to steam from various VPN servers/countries lots of times and no problems at all, but always turn it off before buying anything. Here's a discussion on the same issue.

For the screen is blue and full of errors

well i got my friend to login in the uk for me. it seems to have worked. also i goddamn payed more because of its in £  not euros. well at least my account is back in £ so i can buy stuff.