Reseated GPU solved VRAM issue?

LeonTheLobster

Hi, I recently posted on this forum regarding gpu artifacts appearing and crashing my computer: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1059562-what-is-going-on/?tab=comments#comment-12526176.

I was told that it was dodgy video ram and that I should buy a new graphics card, however before doing so I decided to reseat my GPU, remove dust from the card and spray it with some of that spray that's good for components, once I rebooted the PC and reset it and reinstalled the drivers I haven't had any problems (at all) and its been around 3 days of hardcore gaming, am I out of the woods (explanation for what fixed it) or is the worse still to come.

Thanks, Leon.

Always unplug and plug it back in, works wonders. Glad it's all in order, people will jump too quickly to faulty hardware when very simple solutions can be what someone needs. Just looking at the thread I see lots of "dead graphics card" right away.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Always unplug and plug it back in, works wonders. Glad it's all in order, people will jump too quickly to faulty hardware when very simple solutions can be what someone needs. Just looking at the thread I see lots of "dead graphics card" right away.

I'm considering upgrading my cpu and motherboard soon, what precautions should I take and tests should I do to ensure my graphics card is fine?

2 minutes ago, LeonTheLobster said:

I'm considering upgrading my cpu and motherboard soon, what precautions should I take and tests should I do to ensure my graphics card is fine?

Stress tests are all you got really, things like furmark hit hardest so that or whatever your most modern, prettiest game is would do.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad