Considering custom loop

Lauen

Alright, so I'm sitting here drooling over watercooled builds, and I figured, if I were to do it (I want to do it sometime this year, even if it's just a small loop with just the cpu).

So this is basically a planning stage, in which I would like some help. Not sure if I'm really supposed to post this here or in the "Planning" section though. I might get a little sidetracked though, watching a live DVD of Pagan's Mind while writing this...

But to start off: specs are in profile, but the main point is that I'm using a Define R4 case. I know that it supports slim rads in the top, like maximum 30 mil with fans, did a small bit of research. Usually you can squeeze in an H100, and even better if you offset it using two of the 140 mil mounts. I was thinking about having a slim 240 in the top, and a fat 240 rad of some sort in the front. now, here's the scetchy part, I'm really not sure if the plastic thing in the front would be able to hold a fat rad? Also, if I use a fat rad, I'd benefit greatly with push-pull, right? And if you guys can come with a valid reason or five, I would be willing to upgrade to the Define XL R2.

I would like to keep the res and pump in the ODD bays, if that's possible. I'd also like to keep it as quiet as possible. I'm neutral towards the look of Noctua fans, so I could use NF-F12's, but I really enjoy a black and white color scheme. Also, not entirely sure about this, but I could either put the HDDs in one of those positions further back, or just drill some new ones where I could have the HDD cage. and If I were to upgrade to the XL R2, I could take the 3-drive HDD cage from my R4, and put it in the XL R2 (personal preference). I have now gotten very distracted from the DVD, so I'll just press the post button and see what happens. B)

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

In the Define R4 I believe that you can screw the fans right to the front dust filter if you are using a 120.2 rad. It should be strong enough but I wouldn't ship it.

from what I ve heared about the R2 XL, it is quite poorly designed and wont be an upgrade watercooling compatibillity wise over the r4

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Get an h440 and do 2x 360 rads one slim and other as fat as your wallet allows you. Hide the pump and res underneath the psu cover. Simple ;)

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Get an h440 and do 2x 360 rads one slim and other as fat as your wallet allows you. Hide the pump and res underneath the psu cover. Simple ;)

lol

alright, I had a look at the XL R2 vid from Hardware Heaven, where she has a watercooled build in the XL R2, looks awesome! so I guess, unless I wanna stress out over stuff or start modding the XL R2 is the way to go. Now, the rads, fans and blocks and all that jazz is my real question.. suggestions? I want clean looking stuff, no flashy stuff.