Is it advisable to mine on a NUC

Go to solution Solved by madscientist56,

don't mine on a nuc

the toll it takes on your hardware wont be worth anywhere near what you would make

however if you use a usb coin miner you would probably be ok but I would still be kinda careful.

I have heard that you shouldnt mine on a laptop because of the airflow restrictions and heat problems. Due to this fact do you get the same problems when mining with a nuc or is it not a problem. Would i have the same problem if i had a usb ASIC card like a red fury.

Thanks

don't mine on a nuc

the toll it takes on your hardware wont be worth anywhere near what you would make

however if you use a usb coin miner you would probably be ok but I would still be kinda careful.

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

The cooling on a NUC isn't the greatest so I wouldn't recommend it.

What I would recommend is putting XBMC on it :D

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review