Super Dilemma, help me choose

Go to solution Solved by DarrenP,

So, I'm refreshing my build. New CPU, MB, and GPU... I have several configurations that I am thinking about and I need help deciding. I do a lot of gaming, and I also do a lot of production work, but gaming IS first. when I say production, I mean After Effects, Premier, and Photoshop. I get paid to do some stuff and I also do a lot of audio.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA 2011

EVGA 03G-P4-2888-KR GeForce GTX 780 Ti Dual Classified Superclocked

Intel Core i7-4930K

~$1850

This is my first choice. Does everything I want, AND the MB comes with really good DACs for audio.

ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA LGA 1150

2x EVGA 03G-P4-2781-KR GeForce GTX 780  SLI

Intel Core i7-4770K

~$1690

This won't be as good for production work, but it cost less and will murder any game i throw at it via 2 780s. This also has Asus' premium DACs on the MB. 

Go with the second one. Production is not at the top of the list gaming is. 

So, I'm refreshing my build. New CPU, MB, and GPU... I have several configurations that I am thinking about and I need help deciding. I do a lot of gaming, and I also do a lot of production work, but gaming IS first. when I say production, I mean After Effects, Premier, and Photoshop. I get paid to do some stuff and I also do a lot of audio.

Intel Core i7-4930K

~$1850

This is my first choice. Does everything I want, AND the MB comes with really good DACs for audio.

Intel Core i7-4770K

~$1690

This won't be as good for production work, but it cost less and will murder any game i throw at it via 2 780s. This also has Asus' premium DACs on the MB. 

#2 IMO, but it depends what you want to do with it

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Intel Core i7-4930K

~$1850

Intel Core i7-4770K

~$1690

Go with the second one. Production is not at the top of the list gaming is. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

If Gaming is your first preference then option number 2 is a no brainier plus isn't most rendering done with cuda cores from graphic cards nowadays? so sli cards would destroy rendering times.

If Gaming is your first preference then option number 2 is a no brainier plus isn't most rendering done with cuda cores from graphic cards nowadays? so sli cards would destroy rendering times.

I think that applies to when you're rendering things in 3D. I could be wrong. I know that when I'm messing aroung in Premier, it taxes the crap out of my CPU.

I think that applies to when you're rendering things in 3D. I could be wrong. I know that when I'm messing aroung in Premier, it taxes the crap out of my CPU.

3D rendering is generally CPU bound. 

Cuda is generally only used with things like iRay, rough hardware rendering, and some simulations.

I don't know of many things that could use multiple cards to help render any faster except for maybe Sony Vegas.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.