Google's Mesh WiFi on sale before Google I/O. Good Buy or Avoid?

TheAlmightyOS

Looking for a spot of advice. I have been eyeing the Google Mesh Wifi system for a while now as an upgrade to my 6 year old (dd-wrt flashed) Trendnet TEW812DRU. Because my modem has to be all the way in the southwest corner of my house (only have one coax) I get exceptionally poor wifi signal in the northeast corner where my office is. Everything I have researched about mesh wifi has suggested that it is the solution to my problems, and Google WiFi has been the one most recommended.

Recently the price dropped (right after I got my tax refund back. YAY UPGRADE TIME!) and I was excited to finally order this much needed upgrade. BUT, it occurs to me that Google I/O is happening soon and I fear they might announce either a replacement of the google wifi system or discontinuing it altogether. If that is the case, even with its lower price point would it still be a good buy? 

So I pose this question to those on this forum who have used or currently own Google WiFi: Is $240 USD (~$323 CAD) shipped for the 3pac a good price given alternatives and that Google I/O is on the horizon?

PS: Also, some people have been scaring me with the "lack of configuration" comments. Is it as bad as they say or is it usable?

Personally I would set up multiple access points before spending the money on a mesh network. TP-Link has lots of options for this and a lot cheaper. It would be a lot more stable too. 

12 hours ago, TheAlmightyOS said:

So I pose this question to those on this forum who have used or currently own Google WiFi: Is $240 USD (~$323 CAD) shipped for the 3pac a good price given alternatives and that Google I/O is on the horizon?

PS: Also, some people have been scaring me with the "lack of configuration" comments. Is it as bad as they say or is it usable?

Thats about a $60 USD savings from what my sister spent. As far as configuration goes, my sister and boy friend set theirs up. They are not exactly techy, so Id say advanced configs probably not going to happen. Speeds seem to be good, but to be honest my sister doesnt have the units spread all too far, they just needed to get the signal to the garage so that they could hook there RING security light camera on the garage to their network. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

According to the manual the APs shouldn't be further apart than 10 meters for mesh support.

Take that as you will.