My friend's MSi laptop keeps freezing randomly.

So my friend has posted his problem on reddit, but i asked him if i should post it here as well. He doesn't have an account here so it's why im doing it. Here's  the post: 

"Okay so i bought my laptop(msi gl62m 7rdx) about 6 months ago, installed win10 and after maybe a month i started getting these freezes where my mouse and everything else stops moving, the sound keeps going for some time but after a while it stops too, and no keypresses fix it. The thing i figured out is, if i put it to sleep by closing the lid or pressing the power button it unfreezes then goes to sleep, then when i turn it back on it's not frozen, though there's a good chance it will freeze again in the next couple minutes. It sometimes happens when i have 2 or 3 programs open at a time, and then open one more and it freezes, but it's also happened when i'm just watching a movie, not doing anything. Also, if it's been frozen for a while and the sound stops, closing the lid doesn't always fix it and i have to hold the power button to restart it. Another problem is that my disk usage often goes to 100% when doing pretty light tasks, and the task manager shows something like 1 MB/s or even lower for the highest disk usage program, but it's still in dark orange like it's a lot. So far i've tried:

-monitoring task manager at the moment of the freeze, there aren't any weird spikes in cpu/ram/disk usage

-checking the logs in event viewer, nothing caught my eye

-memtest, 4/4 passes with no errors

-windows' disk check, says disk is healthy

-disabling some windows features, it eased the disk usage problem a bit but it's still present

-updated the nvidia drivers"

Im thinking a simple memory channel swap, but im not quite sure.

Try reinstalling Windows

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Auslogics registry cleaner has fixed a lot of problems in my time.