Steps to do before building a PC.

DIV1D3

Another thing I should say is if you have questions ask. This is why I wish this site had an official IRC or chat of some sort. PM me if you want, if im not busy im usually willing to help!

Another thing I should say is if you have questions ask. This is why I wish this site had an official IRC or chat of some sort. PM me if you want, if im not busy im usually willing to help!

Well, I don't know which holes I'm supposed to use for the stand offs, I can't find not one video or article about mounting a Z87 mobo to the Strike-X Advance.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Should I use the washers on the mobo that came with the case? Just want to know if they need to go somewhere, the guide included for both don't tell me shit. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Well, I don't know which holes I'm supposed to use for the stand offs, I can't find not one video or article about mounting a Z87 mobo to the Strike-X Advance.

Use the standoffs that line up and remove the ones that dont so you dont get accidental elecrical shorting. A standard atx board has 9 screws, the slightly skinnier ones only have 6. If you have one of those you want to support the unsupported but with your finger when plugging stuff in, especially the 24pin.

Use the standoffs that line up and remove the ones that dont so you dont get accidental elecrical shorting. A standard atx board has 9 screws, the slightly skinnier ones only have 6. If you have one of those you want to support the unsupported but with your finger when plugging stuff in, especially the 24pin.

Support the unsupported? The Fatal1ty has 9 holes but only 7 mounting holes, the other two look different and the bottom one isn't parallel with the case stand offs. 

Also, I can't get the left side panel open. It is really stuck.

Also, I can't get the left side panel open. It is really stuck.

Make sure its unscrewed or unlatches or that it even can be. Side pannels can hard to get off. Is it the lift off/up or the slide back/out type?

Make sure its unscrewed or unlatches or that it even can be. Side pannels can hard to get off. Is it the lift off/up or the slide back/out type?

I don't know, the manual says nothing, and I have no idea how I took the left side panel off. I meant to say right panel lol, can't get that one off.

Slide back, I put the left side on and took it off again. 

I don't know, the manual says nothing, and I have no idea how I took the left side panel off. I meant to say right panel lol, can't get that one off.

They likely come off the same way usually. If its the sliding kind try sliding by pushing down on the edges where the latches are then back away from you with the case facing towards you on its side.

My next build is only a few weeks away. It's my third computer I will have put together... but I guarantee I'll still run into some issues before I finish it all up. I might just be a noob.

I ran into a bit of a problem. I was just mukin around and I put the stock CPU cooler on the mobo. I didn't know that the thermal compound was already on the cooler without any type of material over it. So, now my 4670K has some of the paste on it right before I am about to put the Havik 140 on :(. This has taken sooooo long, I really need some help as I would like to have everything connected and running by tonight. What should I use to get rid of it or is it fine? I don't think it is :S.

Will metho do the trick?

I ran into a bit of a problem. I was just mukin around and I put the stock CPU cooler on the mobo. I didn't know that the thermal compound was already on the cooler without any type of material over it. So, now my 4670K has some of the paste on it right before I am about to put the Havik 140 on :(. This has taken sooooo long, I really need some help as I would like to have everything connected and running by tonight. What should I use to get rid of it or is it fine? I don't think it is :S.

Will metho do the trick?

What you want to remove the paste? Use rubbing alcohol, the higher the percentage the better.