I9900k mobo

Would you guys recommend a Aorus Z390 pro LTX mobo for an i9900k cpu with 360mm AIO cooling or a different Aorus? 

CPU: i9 9900k @5.1ghz | GPU: Asus Strix 2080Ti OC | Cpu Cooler : Corsair H150i (360mm) | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390F  | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32gb 3600Mhz CL16  | Boot / OS SSD : Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2 / Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb SSD / 1TB SEAGATE HDD Case: Corsair Obsidian 500d SE RGB | PSU: Evga SuperNova Platinum 8 

As of right now, I would never EVER recommend a motherboard from Gigabyte (or their gaming brand Aorus). Trust me, you do not want to have to go through infinite boot loops for absolutely no legitimate reason.

just don't get the cooler master 360 aio, all of the cooler master aios are poo poo

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

27 minutes ago, Berfs1 said:

As of right now, I would never EVER recommend a motherboard from Gigabyte (or their gaming brand Aorus). Trust me, you do not want to have to go through infinite boot loops for absolutely no legitimate reason.

Here’s the thing I keep hearing lots of horror stories about Aorus boards  even tho there VRM seem good, on the other hand everyone’s says Asus Z390 boards sucks and are a let down unless you spend a lot on one. My budget isn’t really massive but if

i really have to I will put good money into a board but I’d rather get something good that’s not going to cost loads 

CPU: i9 9900k @5.1ghz | GPU: Asus Strix 2080Ti OC | Cpu Cooler : Corsair H150i (360mm) | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390F  | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32gb 3600Mhz CL16  | Boot / OS SSD : Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2 / Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb SSD / 1TB SEAGATE HDD Case: Corsair Obsidian 500d SE RGB | PSU: Evga SuperNova Platinum 8 

33 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

aorus pro is good enough for a 9900k

Here’s the thing I keep hearing lots of horror stories about Aorus boards  even tho there VRM seem good, on the other hand everyone’s says Asus Z390 boards sucks and are a let down unless you spend a lot on one. My budget isn’t really massive but if

i really have to I will put good money into a board but I’d rather get something good that’s not going to cost loads 

30 minutes ago, Berfs1 said:

any sources on that with z390's? i haven't seen those issues on those yet

and with trauma's i can kill rog with their first board

23 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Here's a chart, best motherboard VRM, models from all brands are listed. 

https://www.overclock.net/forum/27657582-post2156.html#/topics/1638955?page=216&gid=1&pid=1

now I'm sad...

2 minutes ago, Surreals said:

i haven't heard anyone negative about the aorus pro, elite, ultra or master execpt that it isn't perfect for ln2, but that's about it

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

and with trauma's i can kill rog with their first board

now I'm sad...

i haven't heard anyone negative about the aorus pro, elite, ultra or master execpt that it isn't perfect for ln2, but that's about it

If you could chose a mobo out  of them or 

another for a 9900k what would it be out of curiosity

4 minutes ago, Surreals said:

If you could chose a mobo out  of them or 

another for a 9900k what would it be out of curiosity

anything from the upper two tiers are "9900k ready"

6 hours ago, Alexsolo said:

I'll defintely quote/reference your list in the future! Thanks for lettings me know, wasn't aware the forum had this!!! :)

yeah, i made it a while back with some others

it's nice to have for a quick recommendation

I'm running an Aorus Master with my i9-9900k and love it. Was easily able to overclock it to 5.1 at 1.305 VCore. Gamers Nexus did a nice video on the board and they commented that it had some of if not the best VRMs in that price range of board. From the video:

TL;DW - Buildzoid's picks (taken from comments in video)

Best ultra-high-end motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Extreme

Z390 motherboards with PLX chip: Asus WS Z390-Pro, Supermicro C9Z390-PGW

Best Z390 motherboard with 10 Gigabit Ethernet LAN: ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate

Best Mini-ITX Z390 motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX

Best Micro-ATX Z390 motherboards: Asus ROG Maximus XI Gene, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming

Best VRMs for the dollar: Gigabyte Z390 UD, Aorus Elite/Ultra/Master

22 hours ago, Surreals said:

Maybe from morons and idiots who screw up, tons of those out there. ;)

I am sure most of those are parroted from shills etc, a lot of those around too.

The AORUS Z390 boards are rock solid.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

22 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

There aren't any. ;)

It's all BS from shills etc.

Or some from morons who buy the cheap low end Z390 boards and try to run a 9900K on them... Really idiotic..

Stupid is as stupid does, listening to the budget gurus is a huge mistake as always. ;)

Absolutely never listen to anything they have to say period about anything when it comes to PC hardware.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

1 hour ago, Ankerson said:

Or some from morons who buy the cheap low end Z390 boards and try to run a 9900K on them... Really idiotic..

some i can't blame

the hero looks high end to the less known builders for example

1 hour ago, Ankerson said:

Stupid is as stupid does, listening to the budget gurus is a huge mistake as always. ;)

disagrees in aorus elite (or even a ud if you run it at stock)

8 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

disagrees in aorus elite (or even a ud if you run it at stock)

The AORUS Z390 Elite isn't exactly cheap at $170.

28 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

The AORUS Z390 Elite isn't exactly cheap at $170.

do you consider a ud to be cheap at 115?

16 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

do you consider a ud to be cheap at 115?

It's crap along with all of the other so called budget Z390 boards, they are all shit.

105C VRMS... ?

And it's on the bottom of this list....

6j8i71dbrxv11.png

On 4/24/2019 at 12:49 PM, Surreals said:

I haven't had any issues on 4 different Asus boards, if any issues, they were also on the 5 different gigabyte boards I have tested, but even more and worse issues were only on the gigabyte boards. Gigabyte's old motherboards were good, now, their BIOSes are garbage.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:39 PM, LukeSavenije said:

the hero looks high end to the less known builders for example

The Hero boards actually are perfectly fine for normal gamers. They have all the relevant settings for overclocking, and while the Apex and Extreme boards have some extra settings, those are settings that no gamer ever needs to care about, because at that point you could just save the money and buy a stronger GPU for the same money. The settings the higher end Maximus boards have, are almost always irrelevant for gamers who overclock for higher gaming performance. For benchmarkers and overclockers, that is a totally different thing, and in that case, the higher end boards would be needed.

The point I am trying to make here is, I have never seen a single issue with Asus boards that was actually Asus's fault. For example, yes, there is some bugs, however those are usually because Intel's drivers and firmware was buggy, and not Asus. In Gigabyte boards, hell, I cannot even clear CMOS without taking the entire 24 pin out, clearing CMOS WHEN POWER IS SHUT OFF, having to take everything out for a clean boot. And you think Asus boards are worse? Lmao Asus boards are the top end for overclocking 99% of the time, and in some other cases its MSI with RAM overclocking, but Gigabyte is a manufacturer I will never ever consider until they fix all their issues with constant boot loops. Which is annoying. After knowing the exact settings that work. But no. It will only restart. Then crash. Then boot loop. Like it is an idiot in a bus terminal that leaves their stuff on one bus and is chasing the other bus only to remember he left his stuff on the other bus so he is running around. Same story. Pretty much. Gigabyte is awful for overclocking. Even set ONE setting to manual and it throws it into emergency shut down mode.

1 hour ago, Berfs1 said:

The Hero boards actually are perfectly fine for normal gamers. They have all the relevant settings for overclocking, and while the Apex and Extreme boards have some extra settings, those are settings that no gamer ever needs to care about, because at that point you could just save the money and buy a stronger GPU for the same money. The settings the higher end Maximus boards have, are almost always irrelevant for gamers who overclock for higher gaming performance. For benchmarkers and overclockers, that is a totally different thing, and in that case, the higher end boards would be needed.

at least the apex, extreme and gene have good vrms, not something they should've put on a strix. wanna do a bet between a aorus elite (160 bucks) and a xi hero? the maximus line isn't even budget

1 hour ago, Berfs1 said:

The point I am trying to make here is, I have never seen a single issue with Asus boards that was actually Asus's fault. For example, yes, there is some bugs, however those are usually because Intel's drivers and firmware was buggy, and not Asus. In Gigabyte boards, hell, I cannot even clear CMOS without taking the entire 24 pin out, clearing CMOS WHEN POWER IS SHUT OFF, having to take everything out for a clean boot. And you think Asus boards are worse? Lmao Asus boards are the top end for overclocking 99% of the time, and in some other cases its MSI with RAM overclocking, but Gigabyte is a manufacturer I will never ever consider until they fix all their issues with constant boot loops. Which is annoying. After knowing the exact settings that work. But no. It will only restart. Then crash. Then boot loop. Like it is an idiot in a bus terminal that leaves their stuff on one bus and is chasing the other bus only to remember he left his stuff on the other bus so he is running around. Same story. Pretty much. Gigabyte is awful for overclocking. Even set ONE setting to manual and it throws it into emergency shut down mode.

I've seen so many

let me name a example: powertrottle on a 9900k...

On 4/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, LukeSavenije said:

wanna do a bet between a aorus elite (160 bucks) and a xi hero? the maximus line isn't even budget

Correct as it is not budget class (need to keep in mind all the Maximus boards are overclocker boards), however it is like choosing between a Chevrolet Tahoe and a Cadillac Escalade, same chassis, one is luxury; Asus would be the Cadillac and Gigabyte would be the Chevrolet, Asus is the premium one. HOWEVER, I have not seen nearly as many Asus boards having any failures compared to the enormous amount I have experienced with Gigabyte boards.