Unable to boot from USB drive

Hi,

I'm in the process of creating a hackintosh but I'm running into some issues (as expected). I followed the video below to create the bootable drive. I also put the USBInjectAll.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext, and FakeSMC.kext files into the "other" folder within "kexts." I also replaced the config.plst file with the generic file from step 5 from here: https://markwithtech.com/thread-1.html. I plugged the USB into my computer and booted from it. The Apple logo appeared with the loading bar beneath it, which got to about half way, and then a no sign appeared in the middle of the screen (check the photo below). Any idea what could be causing this issue? Did the video leave out some important step? Are there any other guides or videos that I should follow instead?

My computer specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Mobo: Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory

GPU: MSI - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB Air Boost OC Video Card

PSU: Corsair - SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply

y7Ve28O.jpg

My guess would be that macOS might not yet have Vega drivers, but I may be wrong (just watch it be a motherboard incompatibility issue in the end). I would suggest that you read up more on hardware compatibility (a site I've heard of as being popular in the Hackintosh community is https://www.tonymacx86.com/) and look into purchasing compatible hardware if you are unable to use your current hardware and are really desperate for macOS without the legitimate hardware.

If it turns out that you do not have compatible hardware, I'd suggest this:

Edited by elsandosgrande
I forgot a word

On 4/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, elsandosgrande said:

My guess would be that macOS might not yet have Vega drivers, but I may be wrong (just watch it be a motherboard incompatibility issue in the end). I would suggest that you read up more on hardware compatibility (a site I've heard of as being popular in the Hackintosh community is https://www.tonymacx86.com/) and look into purchasing compatible hardware if you are unable to use your current hardware and are really desperate for macOS without the legitimate hardware.

If it turns out that you do not have compatible hardware, I'd suggest this:

I checked and all of the hardware should be compatible with MacOS. I should also mention that I'm running a Samsung 970 EVO MVMe M.2 2TB drive inside. I wonder if that affects it. My current situation is that I now get stuck on a black screen with the Apple logo in the middle when I try to boot from the USB drive. It doesn't show a no sign like before, but instead is just stuck on the Apple logo. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

IMG_9280.jpeg

We can't help you if you don't provide verbose output, boot with the -v flag and show us the message (or make a video)

Hackingtosh is like running Android on jailbroken iOS(hackers had done it) but you can forget about performance and functionality. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 4/28/2019 at 3:03 PM, Chunchunmaru_ said:

We can't help you if you don't provide verbose output, boot with the -v flag and show us the message (or make a video)

Okay, I tried using UniBeast to create the bootable drive. Now, this is the error that I run into in verbose mode.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 7.50.10 PM.png

9 hours ago, Thomas_18 said:

Okay, I tried using UniBeast to create the bootable drive. Now, this is the error that I run into in verbose mode.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 7.50.10 PM.png

Error? It looks like it's booting normally, does that output to any further?

Btw UniBeast works a bit crappy but whatever...

19 hours ago, Chunchunmaru_ said:

Error? It looks like it's booting normally, does that output to any further?

Btw UniBeast works a bit crappy but whatever...

I did some more trails in verbose mode and it seems that when I try to boot into the USB drive (having created it with UniBeast), the installation stops at a certain point. I'm not sure if it's an error or just that the installation keeps freezing at the same point. Also, when I boot into the USB drive, I get a screen that says "Welcome to Clover 4920." Is this version of clover outdated perhaps? If anyone has any advice please reply below. Also, I'm using UniBeast because I've quite new to the hackintoshing scene so I'm not sure if I can do a vanilla install yet. 

Thank you!

IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_9372.jpeg

Hi,

I got everything working! I found and followed this guide that used my same motherboard: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sapphire-rx580-pulse-build.272572/#Components and it worked like a charm! I was able to install MacOS Mojave and so far, everything works! I downloaded Intel's power monitoring gadget and the one thing I have observed is that my GPU is not being used. The frequency is always at 0. Under heavy load it jumps up a tiny bit and reaches 5% load. Is that just how MacOS works? Does it not use the dedicated GPU unless necessary? Thanks!