Kingdom Come: Delieverance on Kickstarter.

I'll be the bitter, jaded skeptic I guess but this looks too good to be true. I've been seeing this kind of open ended games that make all sorts of crazy promises about fantastic AI with massive, incredibly detailed worlds and engrossing stories. Literally every Western RPG promises all of this and most of them fall laughably sort of their goals. Why would I assume a smaller indie dev asking money on Kikckstart (Yes I know they supposedly have a private backer who would continue to give em much more substantial amounts but so long as it's private I'm not sure it's real and not just a ploy to reassure kickstarter backers) would succeed were Bethesda, Bioware, etc. have failed?

I even have a hard time believing CD Projekt Red will be able to pull off all their promises on Witcher III but they certainly have a better chance than random indie dev asking for money #58234.

It's not private, it's the richest czeck man, forgot his name, owns like the mining company or something. Nonetheless he is real and is willing to support this game

Second of all, if you look at the videos, mainly the new one they posted, they show INGAME content, like walking on a path looking at the environment, it really is promising.

Third of all, they already got the core basics, and with about 2 years left of developement I think that's plentiful enough to polish and smooth out the game, including adding out new details.

This looks very cool. Those large scale battles alone makes me want the game (and start saving for a GTX 880Ti, cause it looks like I'll need that too :))

Devs said that it will run well on hardware like the next gen consoles, so I think a 880ti would suitable for like 3 1440p monitor setups

Edit: his name is Zdenek Bakala.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

You don't say? (Really though that's this tread... what substance were you on when you made that post?:P)

I'll be the bitter, jaded skeptic I guess but this looks too good to be true. I've been seeing this kind of open ended games that make all sorts of crazy promises about fantastic AI with massive, incredibly detailed worlds and engrossing stories. Literally every Western RPG promises all of this and most of them fall laughably sort of their goals. Why would I assume a smaller indie dev asking money on Kikckstart (Yes I know they supposedly have a private backer who would continue to give em much more substantial amounts but so long as it's private I'm not sure it's real and not just a ploy to reassure kickstarter backers) would succeed were Bethesda, Bioware, etc. have failed?

I even have a hard time believing CD Projekt Red will be able to pull off all their promises on Witcher III but they certainly have a better chance than random indie dev asking for money #58234.

Umm Warhorse Studios is a pretty reputable dev. Also in case you don't know, which by the sounds of it you might not know, CD Projekt Red is an indie dev too...

I don't trust anything that has a budget less than 5 million and employs less than 50 people, if you don't have these 2 things the game will always be sub-par.

Also, no magic=not interested.

How... I don't even... just why would you be so attached to magic that you wouldn't be able to play a game with realism? Although to be honest I was like that about 2 years ago when MERP was in the works and the devs were against magic in LOTR because it would be unlore friendly. I though that was horrible but after a while I accepted the design decision. Unfortunately MERP was killed by WB:( and the some of the team moved on to create their own game with their own IP. Their new project is Lays of Althas and it will have magic (too an extent) also Lays of Althas is going to be even better with a smaller budget (if any) so no games don't need to have a budget of 5 million to be successful...

you do know that they are purposely straying away for the magic fantasy etc BS, go play skyrim.

They are looking for realism.

I don't trust anything that has a budget less than 5 million and employs less than 50 people, if you don't have these 2 things the game will always be sub-par.

Also, no magic=not interested.

you do know that they are purposely straying away for the magic fantasy etc BS, go play skyrim. They are looking for realism.

There are tons of projects including ones on kickstarter and indiegogo that have less than what you mentioned.

Not to mention they will have millions to use.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Devs said that it will run well on hardware like the next gen consoles, so I think a 880ti would suitable for like 3 1440p monitor setups

Dam, seriously? Kinda looks like it would be resource hungry, specially when it get's to those epic battles. Sounds like it will run decent enough on my HD7850oc then.

Oh shit. That was an epic fuckup. I meant to put this on another thread lol. Ooops. :D

You don't say? (Really though that's this tread... what substance were you on when you made that post? :P)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Dam, seriously? Kinda looks like it would be resource hungry, specially when it get's to those epic battles. Sounds like it will run decent enough on my HD7850oc then.

Ehh also I'm gonna guess here and say a pretty good CPU is needed because ya know

Yeah, only thing that i can tell that I wont be able to run this on mine 7310...

It's not private, it's the richest czeck man, forgot his name, owns like the mining company or something. Nonetheless he is real and is willing to support this game

Second of all, if you look at the videos, mainly the new one they posted, they show INGAME content, like walking on a path looking at the environment, it really is promising.

Third of all, they already got the core basics, and with about 2 years left of developement I think that's plentiful enough to polish and smooth out the game, including adding out new details.

1) If he is that rich why crowd fund then? This is kinda like Richard Garriott asking for money, the dude went to freaking space on his own money but he can't afford to invest a million or two of his own pocket and insists on a kickstarter? Again I know I'm super suspicious but that's just the way I feel about kickstarters in general, being Mexican I'm kinda hardwired to look out for scams

2) The looks I believe they can pull them off particularly because it's just licensing the Unreal engine anyways (I think) that's not my concern. My concern is the crazy promises about the interactivity and AI, I mean I still remember things like Oblivion and that was from Beth which at the time had a much better track record and backing than some Czech Mining Tycoon that might or might not still be on-board and apparently needs a successful kickstart to be convinced.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1) If he is that rich why crowd fund then? This is kinda like Richard Garriott asking for money, the dude went to freaking space on his own money but he can't afford to invest a million or two of his own pocket and insists on a kickstarter? Again I know I'm super suspicious but that's just the way I feel about kickstarters in general, being Mexican I'm kinda hardwired to look out for scams

2) The looks I believe they can pull them off particularly because it's just licensing the Unreal engine anyways (I think) that's not my concern. My concern is the crazy promises about the interactivity and AI, I mean I still remember things like Oblivion and that was from Beth which at the time had a much better track record and backing than some Czech Mining Tycoon that might or might not still be on-board and apparently needs a successful kickstart to be convinced.

1) Did you not watch the kickstarter video? He was skeptical of nobody wanting a game like that. Although I guess you're somewhat right and they could have done a poll but a poll can be faked a lot easier so I guess kickstarter was the best option...

2) They are using CryEngine3. So they only need to give a percent of their earnings to Cryteck. Based on an update they did once they reached their intial strech goal their investor will hold up to his end of the bargin. As for the AI well it seems like game development in general is getting easier over the years. I mean imagine making something with Star Citizen level of depth in 2006? Maybe you could make that but not without sacrificing key gameplay elements as PC's at that time wouldn't be able to run the level of depth required let alone the graphics. This is another reason why I think consoles suck. They hold back what a game can have in terms of gameplay not just graphics and as a result PC gamers suffer :( Also cryengine3 is most certainly a better engine than gamebryo as it is much newer so what couldn't be achieved than can be achieved now.

2) The looks I believe they can pull them off particularly because it's just licensing the Unreal engine anyways (I think) that's not my concern. 

>Unreal engine

>loads any of the trailers concerning the game

>introduction "Achieved with CryEngine"

Common man, are you drunk?

2) They are using CryEngine3. So they only need to give a percent of their earnings to Cryteck. 

With this sort of game, they would require an AAA license (source code access), so that's just a $800,000 - $2 million one-off fee.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Too much derping, can't bother to explain anymore

1) Did you not watch the kickstarter video? He was skeptical of nobody wanting a game like that. Although I guess you're somewhat right and they could have done a poll but a poll can be faked a lot easier so I guess kickstarter was the best option...

2) They are using CryEngine3. So they only need to give a percent of their earnings to Cryteck. Based on an update they did once they reached their intial strech goal their investor will hold up to his end of the bargin. As for the AI well it seems like game development in general is getting easier over the years. I mean imagine making something with Star Citizen level of depth in 2006? Maybe you could make that but not without sacrificing key gameplay elements as PC's at that time wouldn't be able to run the level of depth required let alone the graphics. This is another reason why I think consoles suck. They hold back what a game can have in terms of gameplay not just graphics and as a result PC gamers suffer :( Also cryengine3 is most certainly a better engine than gamebryo as it is much newer so what couldn't be achieved than can be achieved now.

1) I did watch the video, I just always get engines confused. The point is that they're using a game engine so I believe the looks and all that won't be an issue.

2) I'm not arguing that technologically it can't be done. I'm arguing that I don't trust a tiny dev doing kickstarter to do "Skyrim with massive battles like an RTS but also with sprawling interesting story lines like the Witcher" come on, that's not gonna happen. It's becoming very common to see people get overly exited at kickstarted project that promise this and that and all sorts of unrealistic crap. Beth couldn't do it, Bioware couldn't do it, Peter Molyneux built the second half of his career lying about this sorts of features, but suddenly random guy will have em all beat? Yeah right.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1) I did watch the video, I just always get engines confused. The point is that they're using a game engine so I believe the looks and all that won't be an issue.

2) I'm not arguing that technologically it can't be done. I'm arguing that I don't trust a tiny dev doing kickstarter to do "Skyrim with massive battles like an RTS but also with sprawling interesting story lines like the Witcher" come on, that's not gonna happen. It's becoming very common to see people get overly exited at kickstarted project that promise this and that and all sorts of unrealistic crap. Beth couldn't do it, Bioware couldn't do it, Peter Molyneux built the second half of his career lying about this sorts of features, but suddenly random guy will have em all beat? Yeah right.

They have two years of development to go, and their team is very experienced. They've already promised an alpha in 6 months so that's something. The entire CryEngine is there already, they just have to use it. Not that hard.
Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x