HiGHRoLLeR

http://imgur.com/a/3GCoc

--specs--

CASE: Silverstone ML04B

CPU: AMD A6-6400K

MOBO: MSI FM2-A75-E35

PSU: ANTEC VP-450

RAM: Crucial Balistix 2x4GB

HDD: Seagate 4TB (data), OCZ VERTEX2 40GB (boot)

(edit) HSF: Scythe Shuriken

Comments / suggestions much appreciated

I love HTPCs.  That silverstone case is perfect.  Cable management is impressive considering what you're working with

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Very nicely done. :)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

What are you running for the media center? I think SilverStone is the best way to go for HTPC cases if you like their slim design.

That's one of my favourite HTPC cases. I absolutely love it.

Looks great!

Pew Pew Helicopters

Very clean :) 

how much did you end up paying?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Very nice. I do know those cases to be quite expensive though, sadly. I was thinking of the Fractal Design ATX one.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I do enjoy the HTPC builds in the super slimline cases. This looks like an off the shelf unit!

I love HTPCs.  That silverstone case is perfect.  Cable management is impressive considering what you're working with

Thanks!  I wrangled up two very short SATA cables.  They're probably 6-8 inches and work perfectly.  

What are you running for the media center? I think SilverStone is the best way to go for HTPC cases if you like their slim design.

It's running win7 with XBMC as my library.  I started using xbmc about a year ago.  Prior to that, i just used VLC and didnt ever use a library / front end but then my fiance and I moved in together and she wanted something visual for movies/shows.  

Very clean :)

how much did you end up paying?

I mostly pieced alot of things together.  salvaged the PSU, drives, and RAM.  I purchased the motherboard and APU for $100 in a combo deal at MicroCenter.  The case was 70$ i think.  So $170 plus the parts I already had.

Looks good. Like the case. Clean cabling. Kudos to you!  :D

PC: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.3GHZ | Corsair H100i | ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero | ASUS R9 280X DCII TOP 3GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHZ | Samsung Evo 250GB | 2TB Seagate Baracudda | Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

Very nice clean build. How are you liking XBMC?

It's okay.  I wish I could take advantage of the CEC functions over HDMI.  ie navigating xbmc with TV IR remote but you need some funky adapter thats 50 bucks.  http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/products/104-usb-hdmi-cec-adapter.aspx

But I really like how the entire UI is completely navigable with the keyboard.  using the mouse just seems.... silly.  Figuring out how to arrange episodes of Archer is the hardest part lol.... xbmc is particular with how Archer is organized in explorer.

Looks good. Like the case. Clean cabling. Kudos to you!  :D

Thank you.  It looks very clean under my TV.  friends dont even know it's a PC, but i dont know how that makes me feel lol.

Assuming your HTPC is on your LAN and you have either an Android or iOS device with wifi radios you might want to look into either the official XBMC remote app or the Yatse app. Both offer full featured and highly responsive remote functionality for stock XBMC or XBMC running on windows.

Silas

Assuming your HTPC is on your LAN and you have either an Android or iOS device with wifi radios you might want to look into either the official XBMC remote app or the Yatse app. Both offer full featured and highly responsive remote functionality for stock XBMC or XBMC running on windows.

Silas

Yeah, i have Yaste on my phone and it's awesome.  I always default to my Logitech K400 though. 

What cooler is that on your cpu

Scythe Shuriken