Dell Inspiron 15 7000 thoughts

Hi I’ve been researching laptops the last couple days and have finally come up with the final result. I’m planning on getting the dell Inspiron 15 7000. From what I’ve seen it seems to be the best value for money for a good quality decent everyday laptop. It has pcie m.2 which I kinda want. Just thought I’d post on here before I brought it to see if anyone had any suggestions as to why this may be a bad choice? 

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/laptops-notebooks-and-2-in-1-laptops/inspiron-15-7000/spd/inspiron-15-7580-laptop/cn75811

I think they’re probably too low end spec for me thanks for the help though. Also I’ve kinda avoided looking at huawei after all the spying speculation. I know privacy isn’t a thing with tech in 2019 really but I still am not a big fan of the brand now. 

5 minutes ago, BoyKyle said:

I think they’re probably too low end spec for me thanks for the help though. Also I’ve kinda avoided looking at huawei after all the spying speculation. I know privacy isn’t a thing with tech in 2019 really but I still am not a big fan of the brand now. 

low spec? 

exept for the GPU they are the exact same spec............

edit: exact is kinda wrong, but 2500u has a better iGPU. not that the mx150 does all that much. 

1 hour ago, BoyKyle said:

dell Inspiron 15 7000

Biggest issue is small battery...you can get 15 inch models with good battery life for less/similar price

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

low spec? 

exept for the GPU they are the exact same spec............

edit: exact is kinda wrong, but 2500u has a better iGPU. not that the mx150 does all that much. 

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-2500U-vs-Intel-Core-i7-8565U/m378273vsm591977

Im just going off cpu performance on user benchmarks.

1 minute ago, BoyKyle said:

are you going to do singlethreaded workloads on a regular basis and gaming?

if not the difference is negligable. and the matebook D is cheaper. honestly, Huawei is making some really nice products these days. 

26 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Biggest issue is small battery...you can get 15 inch models with good battery life for less/similar price

Do you have any recommendations? I’ve found it very difficult to find good laptops as I think the specs on a lot of sites are misleading and prices vary so greatly for what seems to be nothing. I liked the fact the Inspiron 15 has a pcie boot drive which was a big reason why I like it. 

9 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

are you going to do singlethreaded workloads on a regular basis and gaming?

if not the difference is negligable. and the matebook D is cheaper. honestly, Huawei is making some really nice products these days. 

Fair enough, what do you think to huawei as a brand though? Factoring in things like customer service and so on compared to dell

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life? Must it be 15 inch?

9 minutes ago, BoyKyle said:

I liked the fact the Inspiron 15 has a pcie boot drive which was a big reason why I like it. 

1. Most users won't benefit from NVMe drives anyway, SATA will do

2. Many models do support NVMe M.2 SSD

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Just now, BoyKyle said:

Fair enough, what do you think to huawei as a brand though? Factoring in things like customer service and so on compared to dell

"meh", but good news. 

the laptop god of the forum has arrived

32 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life? Must it be 15 inch?

1. Most users won't benefit from NVMe drives anyway, SATA will do

2. Many models do support NVMe M.2 SSD

Thanks so much for the help, I would prefer 15 inch yes. My budget is anything up to £1000. I am not looking for anything with a great gpu really as I’m not looking to game on it as I already have a PC for that. I will just use the laptop for general work really. I have an 8600k in my pc and can get that to like over 70% usage just through opening loads of tabs on chrome and that. So I’m looking for something with a high end i7 processor or equivalent really. For things like battery life, future upgrade ability, storage, form factor and so on I’m not hugely bothered I’m just looking for something that is good quality and value for money. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks 

53 minutes ago, BoyKyle said:

Thanks so much for the help, I would prefer 15 inch yes. My budget is anything up to £1000. I am not looking for anything with a great gpu really as I’m not looking to game on it as I already have a PC for that. I will just use the laptop for general work really. I have an 8600k in my pc and can get that to like over 70% usage just through opening loads of tabs on chrome and that. So I’m looking for something with a high end i7 processor or equivalent really. For things like battery life, future upgrade ability, storage, form factor and so on I’m not hugely bothered I’m just looking for something that is good quality and value for money. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks 

Forgot to add I’m in the UK

On 4/25/2019 at 1:12 AM, BoyKyle said:

prefer 15 inch

up to £1000

general work really

things like battery life, future upgrade ability, storage, form factor and so on I’m not hugely bothered

Mind low sRGB display and non-upgradable RAM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler