Amateur/little bit Pro camera upgrade

Aadi

Ok guys...I've been making videos for some time now, they've had some decent effects, only problem is I've been shooting on a pretty cheap camera (200$) and I wanted a better camera. Do you guys have any good recommendations for camcorders in the 1,000$ - 1,300$ price range?

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

I wonder if it can take good videos...I'll check it out

I just stumbled upon this, I might wait for it in July

The 600D (well actually we're up to the 650D now, my bad) does video very nicely, especially for the price. :) I'm a Canon man so that's all I'm gonna recommend, but truth be told most entry level DSLR's does great video as well these days.

Up to the 700D now Hans! :)

But I use the 600D with a nice Canon 17-40mm F4L, great option.

INVEST IN GLASS -[a good lens] the bodies change yearly and you can upgrade to your needs, whereas canon keeps lens series' going for years without changing them and the lenses themselves will last you years anyway as they are very unlikely to change the mount, as long as you get EF [EF-S wont work on full frame].

But yeh, invest in glass and just upgrade bodies as you go along and need the upgrades in features, sensor size and ergonomics/build.

INVEST IN GLASS -[a good lens] the bodies change yearly and you can upgrade to your needs, whereas canon keeps lens series' going for years without changing them and the lenses themselves will last you years anyway as they are very unlikely to change the mount, as long as you get EF [EF-S wont work on full frame].

But yeh, invest in glass and just upgrade bodies as you go along and need the upgrades in features, sensor size and ergonomics/build.

Yes, I just saw that on DigitalRevTV today too. *facepalm* To be honest I don't news whore on the entry level cameras. :D I totally agree though, get good glass! As long as you're shooting in relatively good light conditions they have a much bigger impact on the image quality than the camera (given the body is a fairly recent model), and they will stay with you through body upgrades. :) And as Mr Kiwi said, keep it strictly EF, just in case you decide to update to fullframe or a 1D (APS-H sensor) later on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, what is the difference between EF and EF-s lenses, I'm going to buy the EF lenses but I was just wondering what the main difference was

Just wondering, what is the difference between EF and EF-s lenses, I'm going to buy the EF lenses but I was just wondering what the main difference was

EF lenses can mount onto Full-frame Canon DSLRs as well as Crop Sensor ones. EF-s lenses cannot be mounted on full frame, only crop DSLRs. Pretty much all the time EF lenses use the red dot when lining up the lens with the body, EF-s uses a white square/rectangle. Another thing to help is that all Canon L lenses are EF meaning you can mount on pretty much any body.