Windows 10 freezing, Bios freezing when trying to update and freezing sometimes in motherboard splash screen.

Go to solution Solved by TrigrH,
2 minutes ago, LuckyAsFox said:

I bought it from umart in Australia 2-3 weeks ago 

Take it back to umart and say its fucked, wont even update the bios, and request a changeover on the spot (call before getting there). You are protected against Australian consumer law. Don't mention the caps.

6 minutes ago, LuckyAsFox said:

Hm ok. I did scratch the capacitors a bit on the side of the motherboard when installing the cpu fan. WIll they still accept it? 

I suspect this is the cause of your issues.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

7 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Where did you buy it from? how long have you had it for?

4 minutes ago, asand1 said:

I suspect this is the cause of your issues.

Seriously. Some scratched capacitors could be the issue? 

Take it back to umart and say its fucked, wont even update the bios, and request a changeover on the spot (call before getting there). You are protected against Australian consumer law. Don't mention the caps.

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

I just called them right now and they said they'll have to run diagnostics and tests before they would even think of replacing it. 

2 hours ago, LuckyAsFox said:

Windows

Windows 10 sucks. I refuse to use it on my desktop. I hate almost every aspect of it. People who gloat about DX12 are clueless.

You want a stable, reliable OS, go with Windows 7.

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

6 minutes ago, BleachedFur said:

Windows 10 sucks. I refuse to use it on my desktop. I hate almost every aspect of it. People who gloat about DX12 are clueless.

You want a stable, reliable OS, go with Windows 7.

I tried but there's no support for 3.0 ports 

I tried but there's no support for 3.0 ports 

I am literally on Windows 7 right now and have all of my USB 3.0 ports working.

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

I just called them right now and they said they'll have to run diagnostics and tests before they would even think of replacing it. 

they can test it while you're in the store, you shouldn't of waited 2 weeks though

2 hours ago, TrigrH said:

they can test it while you're in the store, you shouldn't of waited 2 weeks though

I came in and asked for a replacement and he couldn't replace the board due to those scratched capacitors. So he gave me a reference number and said he would sent it to Asus for repares. If I wasn't an idiot at putting a CPU cooler in I wouldn't be in this mess.

14 hours ago, LuckyAsFox said:

Seriously. Some scratched capacitors could be the issue? 

If you scratched any traces or knocked an smt cap off, yes.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430