New Workstation build help

Hello all!

I am looking to upgrade my PC I built last year to a workstation style of computer based on my new photo and video editing workflow using Adobe.  I am on a budget so I am looking to supplement the cost by selling my old computer.  I would love to take advantage of the great community here and the expertise you all have.  I currently use dual 27 Inch LG 27UD69P-W 4K monitors and 4 separate G-Technology USB Type C External Hard Drives for storage. Which I will be keeping the external drives and monitors.

My current system consists of:

Intel i7 7700K none overclocked

MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon MOBO (Hardwired)

Corsair H150i AIO

32GB Corsair 3200MHz (4X8GB)

MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB

EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Fully-Modular

Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2

WD Black 1TB SATA

Seagate Barracuda 4TB SATA

My new System that I have put together would consist of:

AMD Treadripper 1920X 12 Core

Asus PRIME X399-A EATX TR4 MOBO

Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 AIO (360mm)

32GB Corsair 3200MHz  (2X16GB)

Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB Pulse

Thermaltake ToughPower Grand RGB 1200W 80+ Platinum Fully-Modular

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB M.2

WD Black 4TB SATA

Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic (White) ATX Full Tower Case

Total cost before tax: $1857

Id love to hear any suggestions and recommendations.

Thank You

Wait until after May 27th, Computex, since AMD will be giving some major product presentations.

Also keep the 1080Ti, Vega 56 isn't an upgrade and you wouldn't net gain any money from that either. Also reuse the RAM, Threadripper is quad channel so dropping down to 2x16GB is worse than the 4x8GB you have already.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Wait until after May 27th, Computex, since AMD will be giving some major product presentations.

Also keep the 1080Ti, Vega 56 isn't an upgrade and you wouldn't net gain any money from that either.

Is it worth keeping the 1080Ti  if i do not game and have GPU acceleration turned off in the adobe systems?

If I'm not mistaken, you'll want to run your RAM in quad channel mode, so you'll want a 4x8gb kit instead of what you selected.

And I would put the Vega (or some other card) into the system you're selling, and put the 1080 ti into your new rig.

If I were you, I'd consider just upgrading the motherboard and CPU, and sell those out of your current rig.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

5 minutes ago, JPPhotos said:

Is it worth keeping the 1080Ti  if i do not game and have GPU acceleration turned off in the adobe systems?

I should think so, not checked the used market prices for the 1080Ti but I'm thinking the money you'd get for it would be less than a Vega 56? If that's the case you'd be at a net loss if you sold it. The other factor though is if you could sell the system complete at a better price or at all without the GPU etc. Guess it's not really an easy answer.

3 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

If I'm not mistaken, you'll want to run your RAM in quad channel mode, so you'll want a 4x8gb kit instead of what you selected.

And I would put the Vega (or some other card) into the system you're selling, and put the 1080 ti into your new rig.

If I were you, I'd consider just upgrading the motherboard and CPU, and sell those out of your current rig.

Thanks for the advice. I am hoping if i get enough from my old rig to do 64GB quad channel RAM.  Also the reason i do not want to keep my 1080Ti is i know i can get more money for it and i do not use it at all in my current setup my friend who helped me build my first computer pressured me into buying it.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

I should think so, not checked the used market prices for the 1080Ti but I'm thinking the money you'd get for it would be less than a Vega 56? If that's the case you'd be at a net loss if you sold it. The other factor though is if you could sell the system complete at a better price or at all without the GPU etc. Guess it's not really an easy answer.

Ok well ill do more research on the pricing for the 1080ti on the used market, I did find the Vega 56 for only $300 right now so that why i considered it.  Thank you very much for your help

Just now, JPPhotos said:

Ok well ill do more research on the pricing for the 1080ti on the used market, I did find the Vega 56 for only $300 right now so that why i considered it.  Thank you very much for your help

Sounds like you have a good handle on the situation, good luck ?.

Just now, leadeater said:

Sounds like you have a good handle on the situation, good luck ?.

Thank you very much again.

No, you need to stick with an Intel/Nvidia system which is better optimized for Adobe products. Premier Pro benefits from Free Sync which is only compatible with Intel processors. You need those CUDA cores of the Nvidia cards.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wOBGmxyBEs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj6rUdhmIvQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofdh-THQFpE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeFsX6TM2aU  (summary begins at 8:24)

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-143/Hardware-Recommendations

(but the Puget recommendations were made prior to Free Sync being available)

45 minutes ago, Bearmann said:

No, you need to stick with an Intel/Nvidia system which is better optimized for Adobe products. Premier Pro benefits from Free Sync which is only compatible with Intel processors. You need those CUDA cores of the Nvidia cards.

*QuickSync. Also QuickSync is only on the desktop line of Intel products not HEDT so if you can utilize the extra cores you have to way up the options as QuickSync does have limitations, super nice feature though.

9 hours ago, leadeater said:

*QuickSync. Also QuickSync is only on the desktop line of Intel products not HEDT so if you can utilize the extra cores you have to way up the options as QuickSync does have limitations, super nice feature though.

Yes, Quicksync. I was tired last night.