Is there anything I have to do upon upgrading CPU?

I upgraded my CPU just recently without changing other parts. But upon usage, the PC would slow down really bad (and even freeze/crashes) if I do my work (Illustrator things, etc.)

Is there something I must do upon upgrading just the CPU? Like a format, or anything?

What was your previous CPU, what is your Current?

What is the motherboard?

If you went a gen upwards in CPU's, then it is recommended to update the motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

What was your previous CPU, what is your Current?

What is the motherboard?

If you went a gen upwards in CPU's, then it is recommended to update the motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

It was i5-2100, I upgraded it to i5-2400 (yeah not a big difference).

Only did it because a technician said the fault lies in CPU.
(Had a problem where PC was freezing and restarting by itself before the change/upgrade)

As for motherboard, I forgot.. Can check it tomorrow.

If I recall correctly its this one though: GA-H61M-S2P-rev-30

If your computer had issues before and after changing the CPU you still have issues the problem isn't your CPU.  It's another part of your system. Reload your OS, update all drivers and then see what it does. 

4 hours ago, BobbyPdue said:

If your computer had issues before and after changing the CPU you still have issues the problem isn't your CPU.  It's another part of your system. Reload your OS, update all drivers and then see what it does. 

Uhh well, it was fine with the i5-2100 (I don't remember what it started with). Though the one who tinkered/set it up was the techniiician, not me just replacing it.

There were 2 times of change actually:
1. (forgot what cpu) - suddenly keeps turning computer on and off.

2. (left it to technician) - changed to i5-2100 (not sure if anything else was changed, and no idea if they did anything special)

3.(changed to i5-2400 by technician) - it boots, but is very slow (not as bad as 1). But either way, it wasn't usable for work.

This isn't technically my PC so I can't really control 2 to 3 (would rather not doing anything personally, 2100 to 2400 isnt a big leap either).

17 hours ago, crsahkaz said:

Uhh well, it was fine with the i5-2100 (I don't remember what it started with). Though the one who tinkered/set it up was the techniiician, not me just replacing it.

There were 2 times of change actually:
1. (forgot what cpu) - suddenly keeps turning computer on and off.

2. (left it to technician) - changed to i5-2100 (not sure if anything else was changed, and no idea if they did anything special)

3.(changed to i5-2400 by technician) - it boots, but is very slow (not as bad as 1). But either way, it wasn't usable for work.

This isn't technically my PC so I can't really control 2 to 3 (would rather not doing anything personally, 2100 to 2400 isnt a big leap either).

Well I'm confused:

On 4/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, crsahkaz said:

It was i5-2100, I upgraded it to i5-2400 (yeah not a big difference).

Only did it because a technician said the fault lies in CPU.
(Had a problem where PC was freezing and restarting by itself before the change/upgrade)

What CPU did you have installed when your PC was freezing and restarting by itself?

13 hours ago, BobbyPdue said:

Well I'm confused:

What CPU did you have installed when your PC was freezing and restarting by itself?

I never checked, so I can't say what it was. But its not the latter i5-2100 and i5-2400.

Also turns out I remembered the wrong motherboard. It is Gigabyte h61m-ds2 3.0

I wouldn't waste money buying a single other part before you rule out the operating system.

Reinstall the OS and see if the problem still persists.

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K [Delidded | Frequency: 5.1GHz | vCore: 1.45v - Fuck Intel | Cache: 4800MHz | VCCIO: 1.175 | SA: 1.20]

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR 11G OC [Core: 2113MHz | Memory: + 1000MHz | Voltage: 1.181v | XOC BIOS]

RAM: TEAM GROUP DARK PRO EDITION [Capacity: 16GB - 8GB x 2 | Frequency: 3866MHz | Timings: 16-16-16-36]

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra 1000W

Case: Fractal S2 Meshify

CPU Block: EK Velocity | GPU Block: EK-FC1080 GTX Ti TF6 Radiators: x2 HWLabs SR2 360MM  Pump / Res: EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Fans: x6 Noctua NF-F12

Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz [Refresh Rate: 165Hz | Resolution: 2560 x 1440]

Secondary Monitor: ASUS VG248QE [Refresh Rate: 144Hz | Resolution: 1920 x 1080]

UPS: APC Smart-UPS RT 2000VA [Online | Double-Conversion]

Benchmarks: 3DMark TimeSpy - First [1 out of 8571]

7 hours ago, crsahkaz said:

I never checked, so I can't say what it was. But its not the latter i5-2100 and i5-2400.

Also turns out I remembered the wrong motherboard. It is Gigabyte h61m-ds2 3.0

So I'm still confused.  You had issues, took it to a computer shop which swapped the CPU with another and you still had issues, right?  If the computer worked well with the 2100 why did you get it changed again?