9400f v/s 8400 (and MO for them)?

Hi!, I'm (still!) trying to upgrade but the price of the i5 9600k and its overclock platform went

through the clouds here. (Chile). 

I'm "sending to make" everything to one single store (and they update BIOS too, for this matter). 

So these are the options I have: [NOTE: "GAMING" only now, as I'm sending everything else, elsewhere]. 

(btw: GPU: GTX 1060 6gb)

For the CPU, I can only now get an i5 9400F or an i5 8400

(The 8400 is "some" more costly than the 9400f, but the difference is "nah", anyway)

Problem are what Motherboard to use. 

I have these options (yes, for you guys these prices can be "too much" but... Chile...)

(The store only lists these ones as "compatible" for those 2 CPU)

* Prices in US Dollars:

* ASUS Prime H310M E ($ 89)

* MSI B360M Bazooka ($ 115)

* ASUS TUF B360M-Plus gaming ($ 141)

* ASUS STRIX B360G Gaming ($ 154)

* MSI Z370M Mortar ($ 155)

* ASUS STRIX B360H Gaming ($ 159)

* ASUS TUF H370 PRO Gaming ($ 180)

* MSI H370 Gaming PRO Carbon ($ 181)

* ASUS TUF Z370 Plus Gaming ($ 191)

* MSI Z370 Tomahawk ($ 198)

As I can't overclock any of the CPU I think, the usual recommendation is "going for the cheaper", 

but I read that some VRMs are giving problems and I'm kinda afraid of those. O.O 

Thanks for any help!, 

Sorry for disturbing. ?

The b360m mortar is best value, 9400f should work, 8400 to be safe, ask them if they can update bios, if they can, 9400f, else, 8400 (my personal choice would be 8400)

If you're not looking to overclock, doesn't matter which one you buy. Pick the one you like the feature set of best. As for your VRM concern, I wouldn't worry about it. None of these are super cheap, so they'll all function alright. It's when your get to the true bottom of the barrel that you run into issues.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

The b360m mortar is best value, 9400f should work, 8400 to be safe, ask them if they can update bios, if they can, 9400f, else, 8400 (my personal choice would be 8400)

Store updates BIOS at request of the client. ?

But I got confused... the mortar here is the z370m, the b360 is the bazooka... 

THANKS!. ?

5 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

If you're not looking to overclock, doesn't matter which one you buy. Pick the one you like the feature set of best. As for your VRM concern, I wouldn't worry about it. None of these are super cheap, so they'll all function alright. It's when your get to the true bottom of the barrel that you run into issues.

I just read a review saying that the z370 mortar was the bottom of the barrel, that's why I'm freaking out badly here O.O

On 4/20/2019 at 10:24 PM, Gobolino said:

Store updates BIOS at request of the client. ?

But I got confused... the mortar here is the z370m, the b360 is the bazooka... 

THANKS!. ?

Bazooka. 

Please avoid MSI. If you get a bad motherboard that ruins your RAM they will not replace the RAM their product ruined and they don't care if you want to prove it was their fault they will only replace the motherboard, with a refurbished one, and will not replace the RAM. 

The ASUS STRIX B360H Gaming from is a very nice motherboard especially for that price.  

On 4/21/2019 at 4:35 PM, BobbyPdue said:

Please avoid MSI. If you get a bad motherboard that ruins your RAM they will not replace the RAM their product ruined and they don't care if you want to prove it was their fault they will only replace the motherboard, with a refurbished one, and will not replace the RAM. 

The ASUS STRIX B360H Gaming from is a very nice motherboard especially for that price.  

I had always bought MSI products O.O, but of course I could just be lucky O.O 

Will go for the ASUS then. O.O

2 minutes ago, Gobolino said:

I had always bought MSI products O.O, but of course I could just be lucky O.O 

Will go for the ASUS then. O.O

I don't know if every company is going to have the same policy, because I've never had that happen before.  I'm pretty bitter about the whole thing especially when the RAM cost me over $400 at the time I bought it, but without actually knowing how ASUS or Gigabyte would handle the situation I have no idea if they are that much better.  So I'm being a little unfair.