HELP MY COMPUTER!

Go to solution Solved by dfsdfgfkjsefoiqzemnd,
13 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

You have a manual. Search for that beepcode in the manual.

Just looked it up, the manual describes that beep code as "Hardware component failure".  So that's of little use.

Seeing as you checked the GPU and RAM, it's safe to assume that reseating those won't help. 

Make sure the CPU power is connected (the 4+4 pin plug at the top of the motherboard, it's common even for experienced builders to forget that one). 

Also try to boot the PC with no SSD or hard drives attached. 

Try to boot with just 1 stick of RAM.  If that fails, try the other one.

When you go to your friend's house, also try his GPU.

If the PC still doesn't boot without hard drives/SSDs and with his RAM and GPU, the only 2 suspects left are the motherboard and CPU. 

So I have been building a Pc for the first time. It was going smoothly until I tried to start it. When I do everything lights up and the fans start to spin, The Dram and the CPU leds on the motherboard light up but after a couple of seconds they turn off. After the leds turned off, there is a short beep and the VGA led lights for a couple off seconds as well. When that led has turned off the green booting led turns on instead. Then one beep sounds with four short beeps after which means that a part is malfunctioning. I tested if the GPU was faulty since my motherboard doesn’t have integrated graphics, but that wasn’t it. I tries switching the Ram but that wasn’t it. Soon I will go to my friends house and check if the both the RAM is faulty. The rest is kinda hard for me to test.

The makeshift test bench specs are:

MOBO: Strix b450f gaming

RAM: TridentZ 2x8gb 3200mhz cl16

GPU: Msi GamingX gtx 1660ti

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

CPU cooling (even tho I don’t think it’s gonna matter) NZXT kraken x62

13 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

You have a manual. Search for that beepcode in the manual.

Just looked it up, the manual describes that beep code as "Hardware component failure".  So that's of little use.

Seeing as you checked the GPU and RAM, it's safe to assume that reseating those won't help. 

Make sure the CPU power is connected (the 4+4 pin plug at the top of the motherboard, it's common even for experienced builders to forget that one). 

Also try to boot the PC with no SSD or hard drives attached. 

Try to boot with just 1 stick of RAM.  If that fails, try the other one.

When you go to your friend's house, also try his GPU.

If the PC still doesn't boot without hard drives/SSDs and with his RAM and GPU, the only 2 suspects left are the motherboard and CPU.