collecting GPUs any tips or favorites I should look out for

im digging around the used market right now and seeing a lot of GPUs and I have basic been hoovering things up that are a good price and want to know what I should be looking for as far as truly iconic GPUs that I should look for. im a fan of getting it with the box already because I like the art on the older GPUs. I know about the titans and the Ti cards and the fury cards the VEGAs and things like that but I need to know more about the cards like the GTX 690 and things like that that are just oddball cool or where gaming royalty when they where relevant any help would be appreciated. 

R9 295x2 comes to mind

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

10 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

R9 295x2 comes to mind

gtx 295 comes to mind too...

frontier edition, soon the vii, things like that

13 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

R9 295x2 comes to mind

that's actually a very good card to look for its still has a relevant amount of ram so I could use it.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

gtx 295 comes to mind too...

frontier edition, soon the vii, things like that

I have a frontier Vega close to me but the guy is looking for $500 so im letting him sit on it for a while to get him to come back to earth on that but he has the box and all the paperwork for it. want it but im not sure I want to pay almost Radeon 7 price for it 

Just now, jonrosalia said:

I have a frontier Vega close to me but the guy is looking for $500 so im letting him sit on it for a while to get him to come back to earth on that but he has the box and all the paperwork for it. want it but im not sure I want to pay almost Radeon 7 price for it 

that's fair, 500 for a frontier is understandable, yet a little high

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

that's fair, 500 for a frontier is understandable, yet a little high

I don't think im ready to collect the big $ cards yet unless they come across me at a great deal going to look for a titan black and a few other cards that the prices haven't held up in the last year or so with new cards and the prices of parts normalizing  finally.

9 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

I don't think im ready to collect the big $ cards yet unless they come across me at a great deal going to look for a titan black and a few other cards that the prices haven't held up in the last year or so with new cards and the prices of parts normalizing  finally.

i mean, I've seen 690's go for around 100, 295 probably less, 295x2 is a bit hard to find

you have so many options in "weird" cards

Gonna pick up a 690 myself. Cheaper than a titan z that I’d prefer. 

$100 is well worth it to me, get rid of this 1080 and free up so cash. 

Havent seen many other cards that catch my eye except professional nvidia cards. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

13 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Gonna pick up a 690 myself. Cheaper than a titan z that I’d prefer. 

$100 is well worth it to me, get rid of this 1080 and free up so cash. 

Havent seen many other cards that catch my eye except professional nvidia cards. 

I just saw a 690 for sale but they wanted crazy money for it $300 is not happening for that card I would pay up for one but I want it to be in box when I get it used is fine but I want it to be like new if I can find it. 

not just weird cards but I want the favorites and the historic cards also just basically collecting a bit of everything that didn't outright suck. unless that's what made it famous.