Hey, guys ive been having some problems with my brand new gpu, its the s3 prosavage ddr . So basically i got the last one off of newegg just before they ran out of stock at the black friday sale for 179.99. Heres the rest of my setup- Corsair 900d, Soyo SY-5EHM, Via Samuel 2, s3 prosavage ddr,and i went with the evga supernova 1500w. And also im a huge computer geek so i know what you guys are talking about so dont spare me any details. Anyway i tried to overclock my gpu to 4.2Ghz after following my 8 year old cousins instructions. After i did that the gpu almost exploded inside my computer causing the 900d to shrivel into bits. Everything is still intact though. Since the overclock did not work i am just asking what kind of aftermarket coolers do you guys reccomend for the s3 prosavage ddr. Thanks and once again IM OUT.

CPU: 4770K @4.7Ghz  GPU:  Windforce Gtx 770 Oc  MB: Asus z87-k  RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 8gb- 2 by 4  CPU Cooler: Corsair h90  HDD: Seagate 7200rpm Hybrid 500gb  PSU: Corsair Cx 750  Case: Raidmax Vampire---Hopefully getting the h440 

And also im a huge computer geek so i know what you guys are talking about so dont spare me any details. Anyway i tried to overclock my gpu to 4.2Ghz after following my 8 year old cousins instructions. 

^^ This is gold.

Spoiler

dont you have anything better to do? i laughed tho  :lol:

If I were you, you might as well get a pcie x16 extension coord and toss the GPU in the freezer. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

thanks @The_Edster the ram download fixed the networking issue inside the cpu.

CPU: 4770K @4.7Ghz  GPU:  Windforce Gtx 770 Oc  MB: Asus z87-k  RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 8gb- 2 by 4  CPU Cooler: Corsair h90  HDD: Seagate 7200rpm Hybrid 500gb  PSU: Corsair Cx 750  Case: Raidmax Vampire---Hopefully getting the h440 

Since I doubt you could find a water block to fit that GPU you could look into a mineral oil build or even a more custom built solution.  I would also recommend going for a less aggressive overclock until you are sure you can handle the temps.  Also, side note on overclocking, to push a GPU to 4.2ghz on the core, you would need to also boost the voltage.

Also, side note on overclocking, to push a GPU to 4.2ghz on the core, you would need to also boost the voltage.

He would also probably need to hook up jumper cables from a live car battery to his gpu to reach this clock.

Spoiler

i world a use a fission reactor water cooler, but thats just me.

^^ This is gold.

im a huge computer geek

overclock my gpu to 4.2Ghz

my 8 year old cousins instructions. 

then this is platinum

this thing sums up the whole topic

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

then this is platinum

this thing sums up the whole topic

like I said..

Spoiler

i world a use a fission reactor water cooler, but thats just me.

Thats pretty much just a lot of water, isn't it ?

Spoiler