Monitor suggestion

PeterPanzer

Hi guys ?,

So I'm thinking about buying a new monitor to replace my old one. I have been searching online and on local stores for the past couple days and I have some that I am considering, but I would like more opinions/suggestions from you guys.

Right now I have a 25" 60Hz, 1080p monitor from Asus (Model: MS238H) and the specs I have considered for the new one are:

• 27 inch
  • 2560x1440‎
  • IPS panel
  • Tilt, pivot, etc (adjustments)
  • Price: Under 350€

The main uses for it will be gaming (not competitive gaming though), work (mainly command line, VMs, etc) and the regular web browsing/movies.

The ones that I found caught my attention are:

• BenQ Designer PD2700Q

• Lenovo ThinkVision P27h-10

What do you guys think?

Notes: My graphics card is a GTX 1070

I also saw the BenQ Designer PD2500Q and although it is a 25" I liked the smaller bezel design so keep that in mind ?

Thanks!!

I bought a BenQ monitor once. Now I'm a fanboy, BenQ for life. 

Regardless of my bias though I think they have great specs, great colour calibration out of the box, good control interfaces, and unparalleled adjustment abilities. 

For reference I've been using the 27 inch BenQ Zowie 1440 144hz monitor. 10/10.

19 minutes ago, PeterPanzer said:

Price: Under 350€

That's going to be a tough one unless you want to go for a TN panel or an off brand monitor. 27", 2560x1440p, IPS Panel, high refresh rate, and from a reputable brand are usually in the neighborhood of $400 USD or more. You could go for a Viotek or some other off brand manufacturer but they usually use B or C grade panels that they get for dirt cheap from Samsung and LG after the big companies get the A grade stuff.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

17 minutes ago, PeterPanzer said:

• 27 inch
  • 2560x1440‎
  • IPS panel
  • Tilt, pivot, etc (adjustments)
  • Price: Under 350€

The main uses for it will be gaming (not competitive gaming though), work (mainly command line, VMs, etc) and the regular web browsing/movies.

Depending on local prices; samsung  S27H850QFU might be a option.

I had the same requiremennts and since its a older model i got it for 290e.

Its can adjust all ways and rotate and has a heavy stable stand.

Out of the box color calibration is very good.

Curiously enough its positioned as a business monitor but nevertheless has freesync (which works with my 2060), range 48-78hz.

Oddly enough, the box or official specs dont even mention the 75hz+ let alone freesync ?.

13 hours ago, imbrock said:

I bought a BenQ monitor once. Now I'm a fanboy, BenQ for life. 

Regardless of my bias though I think they have great specs, great colour calibration out of the box, good control interfaces, and unparalleled adjustment abilities. 

For reference I've been using the 27 inch BenQ Zowie 1440 144hz monitor. 10/10.

Yeah I have heard good things on Benq monitors, that's why I am considering the PD2700Q

13 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

That's going to be a tough one unless you want to go for a TN panel or an off brand monitor. 27", 2560x1440p, IPS Panel, high refresh rate, and from a reputable brand are usually in the neighborhood of $400 USD or more. You could go for a Viotek or some other off brand manufacturer but they usually use B or C grade panels that they get for dirt cheap from Samsung and LG after the big companies get the A grade stuff.

Yea I know that at this price point there is not much choice... But what would you recommend with the specs I gave (forgetting the 350, but still keeping it under 500)?

13 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

Depending on local prices; samsung  S27H850QFU might be a option.

I had the same requiremennts and since its a older model i got it for 290e.

Its can adjust all ways and rotate and has a heavy stable stand.

Out of the box color calibration is very good.

Curiously enough its positioned as a business monitor but nevertheless has freesync (which works with my 2060), range 48-78hz.

Oddly enough, the box or official specs dont even mention the 75hz+ let alone freesync ?.

Really!? I have been seeing the official specs as you said and yeah there is no mention of 75Hz or freesync. How are you liking it so far?

5 hours ago, PeterPanzer said:

Really!? I have been seeing the official specs as you said and yeah there is no mention of 75Hz or freesync. How are you liking it so far?

I love it! Especially the colors and size (came from 23" hd tn panel).

Here the freesync and 75hz is mentioned (outside of samsung) : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/827fc79

I didnt expect much from freesync (was used to tearing for years) but now that i have it i really appreciate it.

It does have ips glow (mostly visible from a slightly from above angle) but not too bad.

I do think i got "sample lucky" with the backlight bleed (only a hint of it in bottomright corner, not affecting color at all, just visible when on "black screen" in dim or dark room, in which i dint use it as i need light around me), as some reviews commented on that, even though not in a way that it was over the top.

Color and gamma correctness out of the box are excllent (https://nl.hardware.info/product/402766/samsung-s27h850qfu/testresultaten in dutch but the gist will be clear). 

The stand allows adjustment very well (important to me was it could go 5-10cm higher than most other models since im very tall). When i game its mostly battlefield and at 75hz no ghosting whatsoever, very slick.

Best thing was that a large chain here (mediamarkt) was seemingly clearing stock (they now no longer carry the model i believe) since a lot of online shops where still asking 400-475e for it.

Since its a older model and with all of the 4k hype you might get lucky as well with a good deal on this one somewhere.

I dont regret it, the resolution is a very good upgrade jump over hd even still while its larger than my prev screen (and without having to custom scale some apps as with 4k).

Another thjng to note is that its powersupply is internal, so no "wire with a box in the middle"; thought id mention that as some prefer one over the other.