Blue arrows on all icons after disk cleanup

Alphaz

I had an issue that is now resolved, one of troubleshooting steps was to use disk cleanup process and i did, but seems that i have clicked to compress disk C:/ without knowing the results of that.

Now most of icons on my PC have these blue arrows on it:

0gN10Op.png

Should i be worried about this? Is there any chance of data loss? I honestly did that entire disk cleanup process only because it was one of ways to resolve another issue i had on my PC.

If it's possible, i would like to "uncompress" everything so it's back to normal and there's no blue arrows.

I did notice though that a lot of things work significantly smoother / quicker, including just simple windows10 explorer menus on desktop, right clicking and stuff.

37 minutes ago, Alphaz said:

If it's possible, i would like to "uncompress" everything so it's back to normal and there's no blue arrows.

Right click C Drive and go to Properties, you should see "Compress this drive..." at the bottom

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

10 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Right click C Drive and go to Properties, you should see "Compress this drive..." at the bottom

I see it, but the option is unchecked.

6 minutes ago, Alphaz said:

I see it, but the option is unchecked.

what's that disk cleanup process you're talking about, is that a program? it might have enabled NTFS compression through a registry edit

3 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

what's that disk cleanup process you're talking about, is that a program? it might have enabled NTFS compression through a registry edit

I went Windows -> Disk Cleanup

Then it asks me for which one i want to cleanup, i choose C:/ and it gives me a bunch of options at that point.

Some of them are automatically checked, but i have checked a few more that i can't remember, but i believe i did check to compress files of operating system, maybe that's the reason the icons got the arrows?

17 minutes ago, Alphaz said:

I went Windows -> Disk Cleanup

Then it asks me for which one i want to cleanup, i choose C:/ and it gives me a bunch of options at that point.

Some of them are automatically checked, but i have checked a few more that i can't remember, but i believe i did check to compress files of operating system, maybe that's the reason the icons got the arrows?

Oh yeah, I use that all the time, it doesn't have an option to compress files, somehow you enabled NTFS compression in Windows, no clue how that happened