Exhaust Fan Suggestion

varstas
Go to solution Solved by weallhatethemods,
On 4/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, varstas said:

Quick update: I have changed stock cooler with CM ML240R. Now CPU never past 55C. I have also ordered 2 Noctua NF-S12A as exhaust fan, 1 rear 1 top, to cool down the GPU too.

According to LMG Luke, two (or three) in and two out, as you suggest that you are doing, is the best setup.

Hi, I've just built my new pc but i have problems regarding of cooling. I'm using CM Masterbox K500l and inside ryzen 2700x with stock cooler, asus rtx2080, msi pro carbon x470, CM 600w 80+ psu.

There are 2 12mm front fans and 1 12mm rear exhaust fan. All of these fans are preinstalled and they are total garbage. Front red led fans are noisy no pwm control and rear exhaust do nothing in terms of throwing hot air outside.

Let me share my tests so you can understand my problem better. 

After playing Division 2 for 1 hour with max settings on 2k; GPU 74C and CPU 80C.

After playing Division 2 for 1 hour with max settings on 2k with left side of the case is open; GPU 64C and CPU 62C.

After this i believe what i need is a good exhaust. I'm planing to place this fan on top side of the case. Can you give me any recommendation of 120mm fan?

8 minutes ago, varstas said:

Hi, I've just built my new pc but i have problems regarding of cooling. I'm using CM Masterbox K500l and inside ryzen 2700x with stock cooler, asus rtx2080, msi pro carbon x470, CM 600w 80+ psu.

There are 2 12mm front fans and 1 12mm rear exhaust fan. All of these fans are preinstalled and they are total garbage. Front red led fans are noisy no pwm control and rear exhaust do nothing in terms of throwing hot air outside.

Let me share my tests so you can understand my problem better. 

After playing Division 2 for 1 hour with max settings on 2k; GPU 74C and CPU 80C.

After playing Division 2 for 1 hour with max settings on 2k with left side of the case is open; GPU 54C and CPU 62C.

After this i believe what i need is a good exhaust. I'm planing to place this fan on top side of the case. Can you give me any recommendation of 120mm fan?

You def have bad case cooling if it drops that much opening the side panel.  54c must mean your fans are on full or you have a really ambient room temp.  That is un heard of unless your water cool the GPU.  I get 67 or 69c with fans at 70 percent I could barely hear it when gaming.  Also 62c is better then normal.  Its exceptional temp for CPU on load.  I guess leave your side panel open until the weather gets cooler, but were headed into summer so just keep your side door open, until winter then perhaps you can close the case, which I don't think you should do.  Those temps are insane.  Can you post a pic of your case ?  Outside shot and inside shot.  Thanks

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

11 minutes ago, varstas said:

There are 2 12mm front fans and 1 12mm rear exhaust fan.

Ah, you see here's your problem. They're a bit too small.

s-l640.jpg

In all seriousness, you'll want fans that push more air in than out, positive air pressure is usually better for dust and whatnot. Look for fans with a higher cfm number.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

I'm sorry this was a typo. GPU down to 64 not 54 on left side open. I'm adding the pictures of my case.

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Quick update: I have changed stock cooler with CM ML240R. Now CPU never past 55C. I have also ordered 2 Noctua NF-S12A as exhaust fan, 1 rear 1 top, to cool down the GPU too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, varstas said:

According to LMG Luke, two (or three) in and two out, as you suggest that you are doing, is the best setup.