Thoughts on my build?

Sylthrim

budget: 1000-1100(max peak)

might get the new navi gpus or gen 3 ryzen if they are within my budget and come out within time. 

i know i can optimized and go cheaper parts...but rgb...

i have 3 1080p monitors, and play a lot of AAA titles. Decided to upgrade now for the upcoming cyberpunk 2077 game.

thanks.

9 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

I have roughly 1 and a half months before I buy all the parts, so wanting to make sure i have everything planned beforehand.  

might get the new navi gpus or gen 3 ryzen if they are within my budget and come out within time. 

Chances are the marketplace will change a lot in a month and a half so as for price right now it's fairly up in the air.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Chances are the marketplace will change a lot in a month and a half so as for price right now it's fairly up in the air.

How bad of a rush is he on.  Why not wait for Zen 2 and everything will be crystal clear and your prices will fall down.   With a nice OC you will fair well with that CPU with a RX Vega.  Have fun with the build.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, fasauceome said:

yea but i want a general idea of what i want, instead of going in blind. nothing is absolute. if a price goes too high on one item, i just switch it out with something else. Worst care scenario, i drop the aio water cooler, and get it another time. 

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

How bad of a rush is he on.  Why not wait for Zen 2 and everything will be crystal clear and your prices will fall down.   With a nice OC you will fair well with that CPU with a RX Vega.  Have fun with the build.

like i said, if the gen 3 ryzens come out at the time im buying, i will get one. they will still have the am4 socket, but that is 1 component needed over how many? I didnt research enough on my first build that now i dont want to make the same mistake.

RX Vega 64 is not a great deal at that price.

nVidia RTX 2060 performs fairly well (wins in some, loses in some but not by a big percentage) and is cheaper and consumes less power. I see the 6GB models for as low as around 280 euro on Amazon.co.uk (converting GBP to Euro).

You can see a RTX 2060 Founder's Edition compared to Vega 64 on Anandtech here: https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2143?vs=2372

I'll attach an image below if you're too lazy to look it up.

Besides this ... I'd suggest buying something else, not Toshiba, for mechanical drive. And you could spend a few euro more on a better SSD (more endurance, more TBW etc etc)

RAM is ok, case is subjective, Seasonic makes good power supplies so that's also OK... motherboard is ok. You may want to look more into motherboards to get one with features you want, like usb 3.1 gen 2 (10gbps) or other things.

If you save on the video card, you could probably go for a 2700x, but you could also wait a bit more and see what shows up for Zen 2 (Ryzen 3xxx series)

vega_vs_rtx2060_1.thumb.png.f8be195b134e148244c1d8038f6b38f2.png

vega_vs_rtx2060_2.thumb.png.7096bdc465181cd58c349a53e88d7174.png

vega_vs_rtx2060_3.png.dff8aba5a05632f580a1731d61131543.png

Just now, mariushm said:

RX Vega 64 is not a great deal at that price.

nVidia RTX 2060 performs fairly well (wins in some, loses in some but not by a big percentage) and is cheaper and consumes less power. I see the 6GB models for as low as around 280 euro on Amazon.co.uk (converting GBP to Euro).

You can see a RTX 2060 Founder's Edition compared to Vega 64 on Anandtech here: https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2143?vs=2372

I'll attach an image below if you're too lazy to look it up.

Besides this ... I'd suggest buying something else, not Toshiba, for mechanical drive. And you could spend a few euro more on a better SSD (more endurance, more TBW etc etc)

RAM is ok, case is subjective, Seasonic makes good power supplies so that's also OK... motherboard is ok. You may want to look more into motherboards to get one with features you want, like usb 3.1 gen 2 (10gbps) or other things.

If you save on the video card, you could probably go for a 2700x, but you could also wait a bit more and see what shows up for Zen 2 (Ryzen 3xxx series)

vega_vs_rtx2060_1.thumb.png.f8be195b134e148244c1d8038f6b38f2.png

vega_vs_rtx2060_2.thumb.png.7096bdc465181cd58c349a53e88d7174.png

vega_vs_rtx2060_3.png.dff8aba5a05632f580a1731d61131543.png

hey thanks for helping. I know about the rtx  2060, was my first choice until i saw that the vega 64 can be really well OC to even compete with a 1080 or a 2070. The vega 64's prices do fluctuate a lot. I saw it as low as 390€. If the vega 64 is too high around the time I buy, im definitely going with an rtx 2060. I am hoping to get a gen 3 ryzen but who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

thanks for the adivce, but i need wifi+bluetooth, since I use those heavily. i couldnt find a cheaper mobo with wifi and bluetooth 

Noooooo. Just get a pcie or usb adapter for the wireless connections. Those wifi boards are way too pricey for little gain. (Though frankly that one's not too expensive.... Maybe it's a deal! In the US it's a $60 price increase to wifi lol.)

8 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Noooooo. Just get a pcie or usb adapter for the wireless connections. Those wifi boards are way too pricey for little gain. (Though frankly that one's not too expensive.... Maybe it's a deal! In the US it's a $60 price increase to wifi lol.)

i noticed that the msi b450 carbon ac is cheaper than a wifi and bluetooth adapter with a cheaper mobo, and i dont have 2 slots filled on my pc.

5 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

i noticed that the msi b450 carbon ac is cheaper than a wifi and bluetooth adapter with a cheaper mobo, and i dont have 2 slots filled on my pc.

Good thinkin! I'm not used to a market where they are a reasonable price lol

27 minutes ago, Sylthrim said:

hey thanks for helping. I know about the rtx  2060, was my first choice until i saw that the vega 64 can be really well OC to even compete with a 1080 or a 2070. The vega 64's prices do fluctuate a lot. I saw it as low as 390€. If the vega 64 is too high around the time I buy, im definitely going with an rtx 2060. I am hoping to get a gen 3 ryzen but who knows. 

Get the vega 64. Wouldn't get anything from Nvidia except 2080 or higher. AMD software alone could convince me, so much better than Nvidias. I have a Radeon VII now but had a liquid Vega 64 before that and it did better than any benchmark out there. I am telling you for a fact, you cannot go by reviews on AMD cards. They do the reviews at launch in most cases and never touch them again. They also don't overclock or undervolt them in most cases. If you don't mind tinkering and playing with some settings, like me, you will FUCKING LOVE that card over any Nvidia card... That I can promise. 

My Vega 64 and 2080 hold the record over in the superposition thread, for each cards class. Fastest 2080 and fastest Vega 64. Can't wait until I benchmark my VII. Such a better experience. For me anyway.. 

And that's coming from someone who stold their 2080 ftw3 for a Radeon VII. Like a fucking  boss. Let the kids have their out of box performance. ;)

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

8 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Good thinkin! I'm not used to a market where they are a reasonable price lol

thanks lol. i was surprised myself how cheap it was compared to other mobos with wifi and bluetooth. 

7 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

Get the vega 64. Wouldn't get anything from Nvidia except 2080 or higher. AMD software alone could convince me, so much better than Nvidias. I have a Radeon VII now but had a liquid Vega 64 before that and it did better than any benchmark out there. I am telling you for a fact, you cannot go by reviews on AMD cards. They do the reviews at launch in most cases and never touch them again. They also don't overclock or undervolt them in most cases. If you don't mind tinkering and playing with some settings, like me, you will FUCKING LOVE that card over any Nvidia card... That I can promise. 

My Vega 64 and 2080 hold the record over in the superposition thread, for each cards class. Fastest 2080 and fastest Vega 64. Can't wait until I benchmark my VII. Such a better experience. For me anyway.. 

And that's coming from someone who stold their 2080 ftw3 for a Radeon VII. Like a fucking  boss. Let the kids have their out of box performance. ;)

the vega 64 is my first choice, but if the price rises too much i might have to go with the 2060. I havent done much undervolting or oc, but i wanted to start doing that and i want the vega 64 to be my first.