WiFi, powerline, or ethernet

I am having trouble getting stable ping on games on my xbox, which is in the room of my house furthest away from the main router. There are several wifi boosters around the house, so network speed is not a problem. In game settings it shows a ping of 25ms to the game servers. However, after all of the boosting, i am lucky to get under 100ms, with spikes up to 700+. It is often completely unplayable and hugely frustrating. Ethernet to the room would be quite a costly option, so I am wondering if powerline might be the way to go?

Moving rooms isnt an option. What would be best?

Powerline adapters work great.

If you wanted to do the labour for an ethernet routing, get an outdoor rated cable and string it through your vents

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Keep your receipts for the power line adapter. I've never had good experience with one.

Your ping is definitely from the relay of boosters/range extenders. If the power line doesn't work, then definitely go with Ethernet.

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

Powerline adapters work great.

If you wanted to do the labour for an ethernet routing, get an outdoor rated cable and string it through your vents

Thanks

3 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Keep your receipts for the power line adapter. I've never had good experience with one.

Your ping is definitely from the relay of boosters/range extenders. If the power line doesn't work, then definitely go with Ethernet.

Thanks

18 hours ago, Kyle Sutherland said:

Thanks

When trying the powerline adapter, your issue is when you cross through the circuit breaker. It's preferable to have the signal on a single circuit. So, try to keep that in mind depending on how your place is wired.