Low FPS on RX 570 with i3 8100

Go to solution Solved by xAcid9,
1 hour ago, amabe1996 said:

So it's definitely my GPU has the problem? I don't know if this information helps but no so long ago I tried to overclock it and accidentally max out everything then my PC crashed. Does that affect anything if I were to overclock it again?

Not really sure about that. Try DDU and reinstall the graphic driver. 

My full specs are here:

MOBO: Asus ROG strix H370-F
CPU: i3 8100
GPU: AMD RX 570 (second hand Korean variant)
RAM: 4GBx2 (8GB) 2666 Mhz Tforce
SSD: 240 a4 Kingston
HDD: Seagate 1 TB
PSU: Thermaltake 500W non modular

At first I don't have the gpu and I'm using the integrated graphics on the i3 8100, i have stable FPS on low settings in Dota2. When I use the RX 570 (second hand) That's where it started.

Here's a photo of the performance I have:

https://imgur.com/a/Wz5UlCc

When I play Devil May Cry I always have a stable FPS of 60 or more I don't know whats seem to be the problem. On apex I only have this problem when I encounter enemies that's the only time i get stuttering issues.

Here's my Graphics Card 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/akwcjq/ive_never_seen_an_rx_570_like_this_before_anyone/?ref=share&ref_source=embed&utm_content=media&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=204f8a80e7704235acb45f9cb9c7be55&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=akwcjq

1233.jpg

222.jpg

XsaH7LC-i38UGLNOqhkac3_i9vXiG0QsOYPJu2dwQ0g.jpg

your cpu is pretty much maxed out I dont know what you were expecting to happen here

We'll you are correct but the i3 8100 should've be able to handle this kind of game and can handle the RX 570 upto rx 580 if I'm not mistaken.
So you're saying my CPU Faulty? Or is it just not good with each other.

Please note: I can play DMC 5 on High setting 1080P with a stable 60fps or more.

Is it strange a game which is older than DMC 5 is having trouble.

6 minutes ago, emosun said:

your cpu is pretty much maxed out I dont know what you were expecting to happen here

We'll you are correct but the i3 8100 should've be able to handle this kind of game and can handle the RX 570 upto rx 580 if I'm not mistaken.
So you're saying my CPU Faulty? Or is it just not good with each other.

Please note: I can play DMC 5 on High setting 1080P with a stable 60fps or more.

Is it strange a game which is older than DMC 5 is having trouble.

13 minutes ago, amabe1996 said:

You could try reinstalling windows to eliminate software issues.

But maybe flash the bios to the latest one on tech power up in case it had been changed if it were a mining card, even if it fails you can just boot using the iGPU and try again.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

You could try reinstalling windows to eliminate software issues.

But maybe flash the bios to the latest one on tech power up in case it had been changed if it were a mining card, even if it fails you can just boot using the iGPU and try again.

I'll try to reinstall the windows but I'm planning an upgrade this coming months I don't know where to upgrade first is it the CPU? or the GPU? Cause I don't want to purchase i7 8700 when the Graphics is the problem here.

4 minutes ago, amabe1996 said:

I'll try to reinstall the windows but I'm planning an upgrade this coming months I don't know where to upgrade first is it the CPU? or the GPU? Cause I don't want to purchase i7 8700 when the Graphics is the problem here.

Your CPU is fine for like 90fps in most modern games, the GPU either has some bios, or driver issue.

Probably flash the bios first before reinstalling windows

You could also check if it's windows by running linux off as USB and installing steam there, if it works fine under linux then it's just a windows or driver issue most likely.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Your CPU is fine for like 90fps in most modern games, the GPU either has some bios, or driver issue.

Probably flash the bios first before reinstalling windows

You could also check if it's windows by running linux off as USB and installing steam there, if it works fine under linux then it's just a windows or driver issue most likely.

I'll probably check that later after work, It's definitely strange enough for Dota2 to have this problem. We'll keep you guys posted. Thanks!

That is strange gpu u got..could u upload the screenshot from gpu z?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

5 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

That is strange gpu u got..could u upload the screenshot from gpu z?

I know I've managed to get this of from a seller in Korea. It came from a computer shop they sold a lot of this in my Country it's cheap I immediately took the advantage. 

Here's the results in GPU z

AmEsJ2J.gif

What FPS are you getting?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

44 minutes ago, emosun said:

The 8100 is fast enough to properly power the 570 in most modern games.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

What FPS are you getting?

On Dota 2 I'm really having horrible FPS like 17-20 on Highest Settings. But it is really weird while playing more modern games I have stable FPS on DMC 5 like 60fps or more.

But there are heavily stuttering in other games as well I don't if my cpu is faulty or if its the GPU. having this problem after I got the GPU

Just now, amabe1996 said:

On Dota 2 I'm really having horrible FPS like 17-20 on Highest Settings. But it is really weird while playing more modern games I have stable FPS on DMC 5 like 60fps or more.

But there are heavily stuttering in other games as well I don't if my cpu is faulty or if its the GPU. having this problem after I got the GPU

With or without RX 570?

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

The 8100 is fast enough to properly power the 570 in most modern games.

Exactly! Can't seem to find a reason why I'm having this slow FPS on Dota2. I don't know where to mingle with my system as I've tried all ways (maybe not) to adjust the performance.

With or without RX 570?

so on low settings before using the integrated graphics on i3 8100 I can have a stable FPS of 60 in Low settings (which is understandable)
But when I used the RX 570 even on Low settings I'm having stuttering issues. 
Low settings FPS: from 60 immediately crashes to 20 then goes back to 60.

Just now, amabe1996 said:

so on low settings before using the integrated graphics on i3 8100 I can have a stable FPS of 60 in Low settings (which is understandable)
But when I used the RX 570 even on Low settings I'm having stuttering issues. 
Low settings FPS: from 60 immediately crashes to 20 then goes back to 60.

Ok, that is ridiculously low, may I see a screen shot of your task manager? ( performance tab)

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok, that is ridiculously low, may I see a screen shot of your task manager? ( performance tab)

Can't right now because I'm at work but maybe later. Usually when I look at the Task manager I can see my CPU sometimes is at always 100% which I think is a bottleneck.

I really don't know what the hell is happening.

2 minutes ago, amabe1996 said:

Can't right now because I'm at work but maybe later. Usually when I look at the Task manager I can see my CPU sometimes is at always 100% which I think is a bottleneck.

I really don't know what the hell is happening.

Ok, because with that setup, you should be getting 100-120 fps at MAX settings

Ok, because with that setup, you should be getting 100-120 fps at MAX settings

Yeah, I don't know and I just recently purchase this setup like a couple months ago maybe this is the outcome for getting a 2nd hand gpu. I'll keep you posted later buddy!

Thanks! I will do my best to help you figure what is up with that computer of yours, because as long as it works age and wear should not affect your performance.

From those 2 screenshots it seems like your GPU core was stuck on idle clock, try rebooting. If fail try overclock it a little or nuke your current driver with DDU and then reinstall it with latest one from AMD website.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

From those 2 screenshots it seems like your GPU core was stuck on idle clock, try rebooting. If fail try overclock it a little or nuke your current driver with DDU and then reinstall it with latest one from AMD website.

So it's definitely my GPU has the problem? I don't know if this information helps but no so long ago I tried to overclock it and accidentally max out everything then my PC crashed. Does that affect anything if I were to overclock it again?

1 hour ago, amabe1996 said:

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

15 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Yes will do later after work, I'll keep you updated thank you! :)