Static noise in earphones

tahmid133712

My earphones are fine as ive tried them on my phone and laptop but when i use them on the PC theres always a really bad scratching static noise which gets worse after i close a game. The sound changes in pitch if i move my mouse or scroll down etc. Anyone had this problem before? The sound is beginning to get on my nerves

Sounds like an issue with your board.

Do you have multiple headphone jacks on your PC you could use to troubleshoot?

Most cases have one on the front/side and most boards have one on the back.

Try switching to see if it's the jack or the board.

My front jack seems to be the only affected one as the one at the back dosent make any static noise. But my rear jack seems to be much more quiet compared to the front one and even at max volume the motherboard jack sounds like 50% so i would rather use the front jack

Sounds like coil whine to me. Run an easy to run game at low settings and mute the audio, are you able to hear it become louder?

1 minute ago, Wufflez said:

Sounds like coil whine to me. Run an easy to run game at low settings and mute the audio, are you able to hear it become louder?

yea, anything i do that static noise is there even with audio muted

Just now, tahmid133712 said:

yea, anything i do that static noise is there even with audio muted

Are you connecting your headphones to the front or back of the case?

Are you connecting your headphones to the front or back of the case?

front. although the back dosent make any static noise it seems much quieter for some reason thats why im reluctant to use it

front. although the back dosent make any static noise it seems much quieter for some reason thats why im reluctant to use it

With the front port, this is generally the case. As the signal has to travel across all your other components. In the process it picks up interference/feedback. Causing the scratchy/whiney sounds. If you really must use the front port, you could try to re-route the front IO cable to the mobo, or buy a usb sound card which would eliminate the problem all together. That or just use the rear audio, it's generally better sounding than the front anyway.

With the front port, this is generally the case. As the signal has to travel across all your other components. In the process it picks up interference/feedback. Causing the scratchy/whiney sounds. If you really must use the front port, you could try to re-route the front IO cable to the mobo, or buy a usb sound card which would eliminate the problem all together. That or just use the rear audio, it's generally better sounding than the front anyway.

Would a USB sound card remove the noise all together?

Would a USB sound card remove the noise all together?

Yup.

5 hours ago, tahmid133712 said:

k ill give one of those a go, thanks for the help

If you need any recommendations just give us a budget their is something for almost everyone