Best tool for managing literature and referencing

Nicnac

Looking for something that can make my life easier writing an academic paper. Could be a word plugin or anything really that helps referencing. 

What programs have you used and would you recommend?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I always would use easybib in high school. That was back in 2013 so I am unsure how well it works anymore but it was great when trying to creat a bibliography for various websites and what have you. 

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I always would use easybib in high school. That was back in 2013 so I am unsure how well it works anymore but it was great when trying to creat a bibliography for various websites and what have you. 

I’ll be mainly using pubmed indexed articles but that shouldn’t make a difference right? 

Some people recommended Zotero. Does anyone have experience with that?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

1 hour ago, Nicnac said:

I’ll be mainly using pubmed indexed articles but that shouldn’t make a difference right? 

Some people recommended Zotero. Does anyone have experience with that?

I've used Zotero for a couple years now, it's the best referencing tool I've tried and it has a really nice integration with Libre Office, it's definitely worth a go

1 hour ago, Trippik said:

I've used Zotero for a couple years now, it's the best referencing tool I've tried and it has a really nice integration with Libre Office, it's definitely worth a go

Hmm now should I use libre office or MS word? They have plugins for both and I have a word license already....

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Word has buil-in one. I used only basic listing and having each reference separed in my notes. What works for you also depends on how accurate you need to be. Like do you need to reference to page or just to book/article.

RefWorks is the one my previous Uni uses, and forces anyone doing PhD or post-doc to use. No personal experience, but I've heard that its works nicely with digital stuff. With paper/printed, you need to do much more legwork.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Hmm now should I use libre office or MS word? They have plugins for both and I have a word license already....

If they have a plugin for word give it a go! I personally just like Libre Office and am a bit of a nerd for the whole open source thing! TBH the bit I have found most useful is the way you can use the browser plugin to add references on the fly. I would advise you to try a couple of different referencing tools and see which ones work best for you, there are a lot of good ones out there and everyone has a preference depending on how they work.